• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anymouse: What I would change about AW if I could....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, is there a way to turn off the "These posts are not new, but still contain unread material" section? If I'm not interested in a thread, it's annoying to have it clog the "new posts" section.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Great Input!

Ok, to summarize:

1) REP NAZI SYSTEM = BAD: I have reset the system, you can now give rep points to the same person multiple times in a row. But I went in and mucked with some of the settings:

Default Rep: 10 (unchanged)
Registration Date Factor: 365 (unchanged)*
Post Count Factor: 250 (was 100)*
Reputation Point Factor: 100*
Minimum Post Count: 50 (unchanged)**
Minimum Rep Count: 10 (unchanged)**
Daily Rep Clicks Limit: 10 (was 20)
Rep User Spread: 0 (was 10) ***
* Factors to divide by to determine your rep "power"
** Before your rep comments affect others.
*** Ie, how many users you would have to give rep to before coming back to the same person.

2) NEW POSTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY (DISPLAY TOP RIGHT OF PAGE): This is a mod to the forum, I have removed it. I understood its limitations, but liked the fact that it told you when you got new rep comments. Needless to say, it did NOT display what you have seen properly.

3) FLASH CHAT USERS AT TOP OF PAGE: I am going to leave that unchanged for now, I think this is the only way that ppl can determine when others are in chat. And from the usage logs, ppl are using it. At work I can see that ppl are chatting in there (12 hour time zone difference, lol).... I will see if there is a less obtrusive way to display it.

4) FRONT/MAIN PAGE: As mentioned, and posted above, there is a link to the "old" front page. When I upgraded, it trashed the old format, and the data in it, so I as of yet am not 100% back up to speed with it. Additionally, I have another front page I am testing on my home rig that I want to be the eventual front page to the site.... arghh... need more time to code. This whole thread was put out there, because I am going to have a lot more free time coming up as I PCS, and I want to make changes to the site. So, to answer the question, for right now, you will link directly to the forums if you type in www.airwarriors.com, if you want to go to the old front page, bookmark the above link.

5) VB DEFAULT BLUE COLOR SCHEME: I have re-enabled it for you. This khaki style is still the default style. Go to the bottom left of the website after you log in, and select the drop down box to choose your style. NOTE: I still have to go in and update some of the code for it, so some features might not work 100% yet.

???? Are there any good CSS coders out there, that could help with the color scheme for alternate default styles? I can provide a copy of the xml for your review and edit.

6) CSS: I am stuck with how VB handles the code. I don't see any options for that, unless someone else out here is a VB expert.

7) HEADER GRAPHIC: Yeah, I couldn't resist using the 3 CSG. If anyone knows any good php code (simple) to select between alternate image files placed in a folder, I would be game to use that for the 100 or so header pics that I have. Maybe keep the frequency lower, like it changes every day or so. Thoughts?

8) VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATION: Not a feature of this forum to my knowledges :D I did enable skype.

9) NEW POSTS/OLD POSTS: To clear out your "unread" posts, just click on MARK FORUMS READ, self explanatory.

10) GO TO FIRST NEW POST: As mentioned above, and of course by clicking on the far right icon, go to last post....

11) EMOTICONS: Someone provide me with a zip file of quality emoticons, and I will remove the ones currently in use, and upload those.

12) SPELLCHECK: Feature is available, as mentioned above. Click on the checkmark icon with ABC on the top right of your posting frame.

13) SWEARING: I think the censor program is fine as is. There are more than enough ways to get your point across. If you start flaming and need to use that, I and the other mods might just question your need to post at all, and delete them anyways. :D

GREAT INPUT, keep the comments coming.

John

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
3) FLASH CHAT USERS AT TOP OF PAGE: I am going to leave that unchanged for now, I think this is the only way that ppl can determine when others are in chat. And from the usage logs, ppl are using it. At work I can see that ppl are chatting in there (12 hour time zone difference, lol).... I will see if there is a less obtrusive way to display it.

I too like how it is.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
According to my welcome tab, I still have 65532 unread private messages and 185 total... its been that way since a couple of upgrades ago. It doesnt seem like those numbers changed when i got new PM's.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Based on some of the questions above, I did some research on the next upgrade to VB. Some pretty amazing features are on the way, currently it is available in beta version, but I don't know if I feel comfortable upgrading to vb 3.6 beta. For those that are curious what the next forum upgrade will bring:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zippy said:
According to my welcome tab, I still have 65532 unread private messages and 185 total... its been that way since a couple of upgrades ago. It doesnt seem like those numbers changed when i got new PM's.
I reset the counters, did it fix it?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MasterBates said:
That is most annoying.

Ditto. I also note the unread posts feature is missing today...one of most most useful features going

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The reply thing and the new post count should be brought back...

Also, what's going on with the rep altering power? Why the sudden downshift for everyone?