• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anymouse: What I would change about AW if I could....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Looking to "hear" what the b!tches and complaints are about the website, hey you should add this, along with the bravo zulus it's working 5.0. If something has been bothering you on the website for a long time, this is the time and place to post it. Anything about the site is free game:

- You hate the settings on the "Nazi" reputation system
- The website loads slow/fast
- I saw this feature on another forum, can you add it?
- This layout sucks/good
- etc...

If you don't want to post publicly, then shoot me a Private Message or Email, and I will post your comment here for you. If you have a comment, and don't want it posted but want to make me aware of a gripe, then please say so.

Only one ground rule, keep the comments concise and on topic. If any commentary strays, it will be pruned.

Discussion on comments listed is encouraged.

Have at it,

John

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Definitely the Reputation system. How is Crowbar supposed to continually give negative rep points?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
This is uber-technical and geeky, but does VB support using pure CSS in lieu of tables? *That* would make the site load a lot faster. Other than that, take out the flashchat option - it's just eating real estate up at the top of the screen.

Kycntryboy

pilot
people occasionally use that flashchat, I don’t see why it would be necessary to take it out, it sure beats conversations that take place within threads, I’m not technically savvy at all, but unless there is a better reason than “I don’t use it so it should go” I don’t see the point in getting rid of it for those that do.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I am a fan of this layout and color scheme... but I guess I would make it easier to give rep to the same person easier before spreading around.

shortncurly

I agree with DanMav; it would be great if we could give more points without having to "spread the love" first.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I miss ye olde Airwarriors layout...could the choice betwen the old and new be brought back?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
A function by which you are brought to the first unread post in a thread automatically vice having to scroll down through those you've already read. This works very well inthe froums over at www.24hourcampfire.com

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Pugs said:
A function by which you are brought to the first unread post in a thread automatically vice having to scroll down through those you've already read. This works very well inthe froums over at www.24hourcampfire.com
I'll third that...

I was happy with the alternating image bar at the top, but the three Battle (I'm sorry... Strike) Groups at sea is pretty fvcking awesome.

Sometimes the grey text of posts gets hard to read, even though it is asthetically pleasing... ;)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pugs said:

We have that. Hover your cursor over the box to the left of the thread title and it will tell you that it takes you to the first unread post.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My new post counter hasn't worked correctly since the last forum upgrade. I don't know if it's an issue w/ the forum server, or the cookie on my end, but it always reads way higher than it should. For example, I used to be able to log on and have 10 new posts, read them, then click on the new posts counter and it would read either zero, or whatever the new posts had been since I started the session. Now, it doesn't seem to recognize that I've read any of the new posts until I log off and begin another session. Even then, post count seems inflated. It's kooky, and does not hamper my enjoyment of AW, but since you asked, I thought I'd throw it out there. Perhaps others are experiencing similar issues.

Brett

Birdman

Pugs said:
There is a view first unread in left hand corner. And I agree that the main page should be brought back