• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anymouse: What I would change about AW if I could....

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
There is a view first unread in left hand corner. And I agree that the main page should be brought back

I think he is referring to the one that was on the new posts page not actually in the thread

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Brett327 said:
My new post counter hasn't worked correctly since the last forum upgrade. I don't know if it's an issue w/ the forum server, or the cookie on my end, but it always reads way higher than it should. For example, I used to be able to log on and have 10 new posts, read them, then click on the new posts counter and it would read either zero, or whatever the new posts had been since I started the session. Now, it doesn't seem to recognize that I've read any of the new posts until I log off and begin another session. Even then, post count seems inflated. It's kooky, and does not hamper my enjoyment of AW, but since you asked, I thought I'd throw it out there. Perhaps others are experiencing similar issues.

Brett

I second what Brett said, every time I log into airwarriors it will tell me there are a ridiciously high number of new posts. I get all excited and then there are only really about ten new posts. :(

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
billthrill1 said:
Can we allow occasional swearing? Sometimes it really helps to drive a point home, but I am hesitant to drop f-bombs or anything else because I noticed everybody else is always saying things like "WTF" instead of actually swearing.

Is swearing against the rules?

You can swear in your posts. Your cuss words will be censored, but we will all know what you mean.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
billthrill1 said:
Can we allow occasional swearing? Sometimes it really helps to drive a point home, but I am hesitant to drop f-bombs or anything else because I noticed everybody else is always saying things like "WTF" instead of actually swearing.

Is swearing against the rules?

Actual swearing is unnecessary...just add things like look like the letters you need...

Besides TLAs (three letter acronyms) said phonetically are very common in the workplace as you don't want the O4s getting their panties in a bunch when you say $hit or @$$hole or Fvck around the skipper...so it's "cool" to use "WTF, mate?", "That's SH", "Thanks you BF" in the workplace...

just my 2 sense.

T.M.Gray

How about spell-check and grammar-check? I know I’m an old fart, but the awful spelling and terrible grammar on here are distressing. The check functions could help a lot. Probably a few other senior citizens would agree. I think Schnugg would, too.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
HooverPilot said:
We have that. Hover your cursor over the box to the left of the thread title and it will tell you that it takes you to the first unread post.

Cool, my I never loitered there to see that.

OK, let me throw out another. Over at my other board there's a number in parathesis after the subject that shows how many new posts there are.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T.M.Gray said:
How about spell-check and grammar-check? I know I’m an old fart, but the awful spelling and terrible grammar on here are distressing. The check functions could help a lot. Probably a few other senior citizens would agree. I think Schnugg would, too.
There's already a spell-check.

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I 3rd, or 4th, or whatever, the call to allow us to spread rep points as we'd like, vice spreading them around before giving some more to those who consistantly post good and/or funny things.

And that device that allows me to slap someone over the internet, yes, that one too. Man, I'd even pay to use it!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
-- I'd like to receive voice mails telling me when someone has responded to my posts. I know it can be done.

-- bigger selection of emoticons