• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anymouse: What I would change about AW if I could....

pdx

HSM Pilot
I think the warzone is great. It keeps some of that material out of the other forums!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. It's gonna show up, best to have it in one place to ignore it/manage it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster says so

your reason being?

Because AW is not about most of the crap in the War Zone. AW is primarily about Naval Aviation and by extension, the Navy and aviation in general. That includes promoting the Navy and aviation (how to become a naval officer), providing mentoring for those in the training pipeline (gouge, and motivation from peers and seniors) and misc career advise for those well on their way. Although AW is entertaining, it is not a variety show of stupid human tricks, dumping ground for political land mines, or a place for endless Chuck Norris threads (forgive me Chuck). But the short answer is that AW is what the Webmaster wants. It is through his efforts that we have AW as an incredible resource. Although he asks the opinions of some Mods, it is his call. Right now he permits the War Zone but you get no credit for posting there. Anyone think they deserve more rep points or posting credit to be some kind of AW honcho, then post something that is interesting to those that come to AW learn about Naval Aviation, or is interesting to the majority of us that are already here, helping others succeed in their quest for wings of gold.

Crowbar

None
Concur. Just because a post is in Misc. or whatever category does not necessarily mean it is not a useful, thought provoking, or helpful one. My .02.

And just because it's in one of the 'real' forums doesn't necessarily mean it's worth anything. Besides, we all know there's no correlation between posts and intelligence or worth to the forum. You weren't around for Tango1 who averaged close to 35 posts per day. He was actually an intelligence sump and ended up getting banned because every one of his posts was flamebait.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Box Lunches?

You box lunch sissies! Real crews make their own chow! Do they still have those huge red chow boxes in JAX? I may be one of a handful of people in the history of man who have made french fries at 25K Ft. :D

Brett

onedge

pilot
And just because it's in one of the 'real' forums doesn't necessarily mean it's worth anything. Besides, we all know there's no correlation between posts and intelligence or worth to the forum. You weren't around for Tango1 who averaged close to 35 posts per day. He was actually an intelligence sump and ended up getting banned because every one of his posts was flamebait.

I definitely was not around for that kind of flagrant idiocy. :eek:

MasterBates

You box lunch sissies! Real crews make their own chow! Do they still have those huge red chow boxes in JAX? I may be one of a handful of people in the history of man who have made french fries at 25K Ft. :D

Brett

Gives whole new meaning to "Do you want fries with that?"

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Is that what the avatar is from, a hot oil experience?

For real though, what does a post count really matter?