• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
And I dont' know where you shoot, but $100? Really?? I go to the Pace public range and have been thinking about checking out Styx River. Say $20-30 in ammo, $11 in range fees, and $10 at most to get there and back. That's like $40.

Jax is $14 a head, plus $5 for some Shoot NC's, $10 in gas (@#%$& Blanding traffic), and I buy in bulk so I paid about $16 a box for .45. x 2 boxes =$32, plus $10 worth of .22. . .that's over $70 right there. On the rare occassions I shoot the rifles, I'd bet I'm over $100.

I really need to start re-loading. . .

Actually, unless you have a significant issue (I.E. DUI or other criminal conviction) or adverse paperwork in your record, it pretty much does.

Don't give him any ideas. . .

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Wanted: .45acp ammo

Anyone know where I can find some target ammo? :(

Just received my first 1911 and I need to feed her.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Thanks for the link Bunk, I was really happy there for a sec. :)
I was just about to order a half-case of .223 and was about to enter my credit card info when I noticed this... What a letdown... :(

Attention:
Due to a huge increase in demand, our shipping times have been delayed 5-7 weeks on ALL orders . Please be patient with us and know that we will fill your orders ASAP! Sorry for the delay.
Upated: 3/24/2009

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I was just about to order a half-case of .223 and was about to enter my credit card info when I noticed this... What a letdown... :(

Attention:
Due to a huge increase in demand, our shipping times have been delayed 5-7 weeks on ALL orders . Please be patient with us and know that we will fill your orders ASAP! Sorry for the delay.
Upated: 3/24/2009

Well that blows!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
antigun president + mob mentality = no ammo....

Funny, don't remember that happening when Clinton was in office, and he actually instituted the ridiculous assault weapons "ban." Wonder if the people are just more anticipatory this time around.

Brett

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

Attention:
Due to a huge increase in demand, our shipping times have been delayed

You might consider going ahead with your order even though you know it will be delayed. Especially if it's from a company you know won't hit your card until it ships. You can always continue your search while you are waiting. I did that that with 1000k of 9mm a couple of months ago. I actually had forgotten about it until I saw the shipping notice. It sure was nice to have it last weekend. I did the same thing with .30 Carbine ammo from the CMP. It's not in stock but it's less than half the current street price and they will absolutely honor the price.

Funny, don't remember that happening when Clinton was in office, and he actually instituted the ridiculous assault weapons "ban." Wonder if the people are just more anticipatory this time around.

Brett

You are right it didn't. Not sure why. Possibly because at that point all of the conversation was just about "banning" weapons. Durning that time, between the 4 of us, it wasn't all that unusual for my kids and I to shoot several hundred rounds a month of surplus 5.56 and 7.62. It wasn't "cheap" then either but no way I could do it now.

This time there has been some discussion aimed at "taxing" ammunition or producing "traceable" ammunition. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Or maybe it's just people trying to feed all the extra assault weapons that the new CINC helped put on the streets during the last year or so..

PropAddict

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know where I can find some target ammo? :(

Just received my first 1911 and I need to feed her.

I snagged as much Magtech hardball as I could back in December. Haven't seen it in bulk since. Wish I had gotten more.

Come to think of it, haven't seen it in any of the usual retail establishments either. . .

PropAddict

pilot
Contributor
Or maybe it's just people trying to feed all the extra assault weapons that the new CINC helped put on the streets during the last year or so..

But it's all calibers, not just the *evil* ones!

I couldn't even get standard velocity .22LR a month ago.:eek:

I'm almost afraid to shoot anymore for fear that I won't be able to restock my ammo cans.

It's tragic, really.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

I'm almost afraid to shoot anymore for fear that I won't be able to restock my ammo cans.

It's tragic, really.

Time to get proficient with one of these.

Hoyt%20Heat%20Bow.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

It's tragic, really.

Yea I think everybody suddenly remembered that old .22 or .25 or .32 cal weapon that's been in the drawer for all those years, realized they didn't have ammo and went out to buy some.

I'm glad I'm not running a tac weapons class. Some of those guys are actually begining to allow students to use .22's in their classes.