• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

Bevo16

pilot
We are all the reason that there is no ammo. It is going to be that way until everyone stops buying all they can when it is in stock.

You go first.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
You go first.

No thanks.

I'm at the point now where I'm buying ammo for guns I don't own, in the hopes that I can sell/trade them for calibers I need later on.

Or maybe have an excuse to buy another gun.:icon_smil

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Well, I just sent in all my M14 parts I've been collecting over the last two years to the gunsmith to build my first M14.

Just another mouth to feed and .308 isn't much easier to find.

Bevo16

pilot
.308 is not hard to find.

Affordable .308 is hard to find.

A local shop (that is going out of business at the end of the week) has 1000rd cases of the Czech corrosive stuff for $585. No way I am going to run that stuff through my rifle.

Classic Arms had some really good surplus .308 a few months ago, but it vanished like a fart in the wind.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
.308 is not hard to find.

Affordable .308 is hard to find.

A local shop (that is going out of business at the end of the week) has 1000rd cases of the Czech corrosive stuff for $585. No way I am going to run that stuff through my rifle.

Classic Arms had some really good surplus .308 a few months ago, but it vanished like a fart in the wind.

Found some more at AIM.

Other than Portugese this South African Mil Surp is as good as it gets for an M1A. I've fired 4-5 thousand rounds of this stuff over the years and it's the same stuff I have been saving for a rainy day. All sealed up, never opened.

1-140 rd sealed battle pack for $70
7-140 rd sealed battle packs in an ammo can. 980rds for $490

Don't know where this came from as it hasn't been imported in several years. Must have been stashed away in a warehouse somewhere.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
.223 Ammo Available in Jax

Hey guys, considering I'm not a black rifle owner (yet), I figured some of you all might want to get on this. I was at Wal-Mart tonight in Fleming Island and there's a decent number of boxes available. I think it was 10-15-ish 40rd 50gr JHP. I can swing by and pick some up for whoever and get them to you later (as long as you cheap bastards pay me back!) I think they were about $24 a box for 40.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Ouch. $12 for 20 rounds of .223? You can order real 5.56 for less (when it can be found)...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Ah, ok. I'm not a .223 shooter so I'm not up on prices. I figured with ammo scarcity right now someone might want to get on it. It's there if anyone needs it!

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
ammosphere.com

I was thinking about ordering from them because they carry Ranger T rounds which are hard to find; has anyone ordered from them and if so what did you think about the experience? Thanks in advance for the input.

Bevo16

pilot
100 more rounds for 10$ extra right now at classic arms.

http://www.classicarms.us/

Sealed and on stripper clips.

UAE2236.jpg

Even cheaper if you buy more than 1000 rds. Just in time for Christmas!!
500 RD CASE.......ITEM # M193-500..........................$189.95
1000 RD CASE................ITEM # M193-1000.................$349.95
SPECIAL QUANTITY PRICING.....2 OR MORE ....$339.95
3 OR MORE.......$329.95..........5 OR MORE........$325.00

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Supply and demand is a beautiful thing.....sometimes.

I just saw where the CMP found another huge supply of that good Greek 30 Cal. Enough for "several years". Won't be for sale until early 2010 though.