• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I got to try a few of the lounges out during my work trip this past week. It was wonderful. The only drawback is that PenguinGuy was charged the $450 fee. I called about it, they wanted me to send them a copy of his orders. So I sent the electronic copy and now they are telling me it will be at least 30 days before they make a decision as to whether or not to refund the fee. So strange compared to what ya'll have said. And yes, I did speak with multiple people at multiple times. Sigh, still worth it.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, it's not a quick process. Everyone I know who has applied has had the 30+ days for verification.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
No, it's not a quick process. Everyone I know who has applied has had the 30+ days for verification.
The 30 days wasn't the surprising part. The surprising part was that they wanted a copy of his orders. Previous posts seemed to indicate that they did something with SSN or such. Like I said, still worth it. :)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotcha. They didn't ask me for orders. That seems to be a hit or miss requirement depending on who answers the phone when you call AMEX.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
So is there a separate card for airport lounge access, or is the AMEX what you show to get access? Oscar Meyer's post confused me a bit.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
So is there a separate card for airport lounge access, or is the AMEX what you show to get access? Oscar Meyer's post confused me a bit.
I was able to get access to the Delta lounges by just showing my AMEX, ID, and same day plane ticket for Delta.

gotta_fly

pilot
I found the process to be very fast. Less than two weeks after I faxed in my orders I received a refund credit of all the fees I've paid since entering active duty and an SCRA statement explaining the benefits.

danpass

I've only used it domestically using the Amex. I believe the Priority Pass is for intl lounges (the PP comes with the Plat membership)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Currently enjoying the Admirals Club here at DFW thanks to my Amex Platinum. Not too shabby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OscarMyers

None
Currently enjoying the Admirals Club here at DFW thanks to my Amex Platinum. Not too shabby.

Maybe we can turn this thread into pictures of airport lounges the AMEX card has hooked up. :D Make sure its worth the inter concourse travel at those monster airports.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
The Delta Sky Lounge at SLC is pretty nice. I spent several hours relaxing there yesterday thanks to the AMEX Platinum. Good drinks....

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I am not ashamed to admit I got the Amex Platinum solely for the airport lounge access. . .

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None

Webmaster, did you get the Platinum for the Admiral's Club access or to match your hair? Made any career transitions lately?

Does anyone know if this deal has a name? I've called a couple of times and everybody I've talked to asserts it can't be done. Going back for Round 3 on Monday, hopefully the weekday squad knows what's up.