• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Lurk, you should see his hair. He alternates between silver fox and the just for men fox, depending on his airline interview status.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lurk, you should see his hair. He alternates between silver fox and the just for men fox, depending on his airline interview status.
Isn't there a silver ferret in the squadron now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AMEX got me into the Boston Admirals club today & global entry had me breeze through TSA. I'm liking this!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Sitting in the HUB Club in Seoul compliments of AMEX platinum, to include all the free booze, whiskey, and food I want!

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
So is there a separate card for airport lounge access, or is the AMEX what you show to get access? Oscar Meyer's post confused me a bit.

The AMEX Platinum will get you into Delta, and American lounges when you have a same day ticket with that airline. You can get into the US Air lounges with or without a ticket on that airline. I think most of them allow you to bring a spouse and children under a certain age or one guest that isn't related which is pretty sweet. I also got extra cards for my mom, brother, and sister so that they can get into the lounges when they travel. You can set a credit limit of $10 ( i think you can set it lower) on the card if you don't trust them or don't want to have to worry about it.

You have to sign up for the priority pass once you receive your platinum card. Its the priority pass select and it's free. It will get you into some priority pass lounges for free which include Alaskan Airlines lounges. Unfortunately not all priority pass lounges can be accessed with the priority pass select card you get with your AMEX platinum . The best way to check for priority pass lounges is to download their app it will explain weather its a lounge you can get into or not.

I would also recommend that you register to become an SPG gold member (fo free). It sets you up to get better customer service and upgraded rooms when you stay at Star-wood properties (Sheraton, Westin, St Regis, ect). There's a great article on ThePointsGuy.com which goes into greater detail explaining the benefits of AMEX platinum.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot

Reconjoe

So far having an awful experience just getting the card sent to me. Approved and sent out January 22nd...3 weeks later and they've sent it to the wrong address twice!

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
So far having an awful experience just getting the card sent to me. Approved and sent out January 22nd...3 weeks later and they've sent it to the wrong address twice!

I had the same issue. It is annoying. Go to the top if you have to, the first person that you talk to will usually be very polite, but not very good with "out of the box" questions. The second and subsequent people will be better.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I'm loving the card. My only issue is that I submitted the paperwork to prove PenguinGuy's AD status back in January and they still haven't credited the account back for the yearly fee that was paid. Otherwise? Awesome investment.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Conveniently just got an offer to apply for this card in the mail. They're offering me 100,000 points if I spend 3 grand on it within 3 months. I have a question about getting the fee waived, if anyone here happens to know. Do you need to already have been commissioned to be eligible for that? What sort of proof do they ask for to confirm AD status? The thing is, the offer expires two weeks after my OCS start date, and while I would probably still get the card without the offer, it's a great offer if I can get it. But if nobody knows offhand, I'm sending them an e-mail about it as well.
If I'm honest, I'm surprised I was selected to apply in the first place. I didn't realize my credit history was even long enough to warrant a Platinum card yet. My only real debt so far is my car loan, and even that's only about a year and a half old.