• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey - thanks for this gouge! I applied online Thursday, received my card the next day, and called customer service to get the fee waived that night. I also passed the info onto my USPHS coworkers as we travel a lot for work so its an awesome opportunity and just in time for our next wave of airport hopping. Truthfully, it makes me crazy from time to time that they rate "military" privileges since they're one of the 7 uniformed service but that's a whole other story.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Wait, I'm confused. Is the annual fee waived for as long as you have the card, or only as long as you're active duty? And would you need excellent credit to qualify, or does it not matter since you have to pay off the balance every month anyway?

jmcquate

Contributor
Wait, I'm confused. Is the annual fee waived for as long as you have the card, or only as long as you're active duty? And would you need excellent credit to qualify, or does it not matter since you have to pay off the balance every month anyway?
Exellant credit yes.......there is the option to make payments on your monthy bill at mobster like interest rates.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
It's not a credit card, it's a charge card. You pay your balance in full each month.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Husband just applied. Thanks for the heads up. And we can use our hotel TLA stay to easily get to the $2000 in 3 months.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Yup, my husband just applied as well. It should be very easy to hit the 2k mark with the upcoming PCS.

OscarMyers

None
I received my Priority Pass today and am confused about what gets charged to it. Does anyone have any personal experience with using it for the lounges?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You pay like 25 bucks a year, charged to the Amex I think, and then you get access. Show the card and boarding pass, you get into the lounge. Never used a priority pass in conus, but oconus they give you free soda/water/juice/snacks/Internet and 2 free cocktails. If they have a kitchen and you order food, you pay for that however you want.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did the Global Entry interview on Friday, easy. Received my priority pass this week too. I'm heading up to Boston next weekend, so I'm going to try a few lounges out.