• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Found this online somewhere... It seems that AMEX is waiving the fees in support of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. I'm not sure how this relates to us Reserve pukes, unless they request a copy of orders. CAC card is no longer a differentiator.

To support the men and women who serve in the United States Armed Forces, we are handling your account referenced above in accordance with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act provides for a maximum annual interest rate of 6% per year on loans you received before starting active military duty.

As of today, your account does not have a balance owed which generates interest charges so there is no eligible balance. However, we've credited your account for any applicable fees and previously billed interest if applicable, which you'll see reflected on an upcoming billing statement(s).

Additionally, we have waived the following fees on the account for the duration of your active military duty:

-- Annual Membership fees
-- Overlimit fees
-- Late Payment fees
-- Returned Payment fees
-- Statement Copy Request fees

This completes our review of this account, if there are any additional accounts you would like reviewed for Servicemembers Civil Relief Act benefits, please call us at 1-800-253-1720. If you're outside the United States, call us collect at 1-336-393-1111.

We are grateful for the service and devotion you have shown to our country.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone have an example of the paperwork you had to provide to AMEX to prove AD status?

They ask for name, service, date of service entry, and then run an SCRA eligibility confirmation.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What bubblehead posted is what their customer service folks told me yesterday. Essentially, that you have to have the card first, then ask for the SCRA to be applied, and then see if you qualify. That seems pretty straightforward.

The rep I dealt with specifically said that it only applies to when you are active duty, and not for the life of the account. Does anybody have experience otherwise?

P3 F0

None
The rep I dealt with specifically said that it only applies to when you are active duty, and not for the life of the account. Does anybody have experience otherwise?
Thanks for posting this--I was about to call and sign up, but will wait to see if anyone responds, as I'm close to retirement.

danpass

I pay full retail for mine and consider worth every penny. So yeah, waived for service members? No brainer.

At what airports? TSA only lists six that are participating right now in PreCheck with CAC cards:

• Charlotte Douglas, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, Honolulu International, Reagan, SEATAC and Dulles.
Have you had luck in other airports?
Not sure about those but I can confirm that (with AA) Pre-Check is at MIA and LGA. A recent example would be my flight out of MIA. Scanned my boarding pass, showed my Global Entry card, DL. (some say it's not all necessary but I did NOT want the regular line)

That big Christmas travel mass of people over there? Yeah, that's NOT where I'm going. Just slide over to this little gate, go thru this little aisle, , dump stuff on regular x-ray, regular body scanner instead of the spinner, shoes on, no hassles and breeze on thru. It literally took longer to scan and check the paperwork than to go thru the physical stuff.

and AMEX Plat pays for GE.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I was noting was that only 6 airports allow military members to use CAC cards in lieu of actual registration and membership at the PreCheck line. Hopefully the program will continue to expand.

Renegade One

None
Life of the card. Just got one and have been rocking the benefits. Buddy has been an Amex gold cardholder for 8 years and they gave him a free platinum and payed him back for 8 years of membership fees.

Make sure you sign up for airline reimbursement and the Priority Pass. Free booze and food for all your travels!
Late to the game…but HOLY CRAP! I thought my USAA card was sweet…but this seems to beat all comers.

jmcquate

Contributor
I've had one for a while. I pay the fee but as was said before, it's worth it. The airport lounges are great, and there are other travel perks like National Rental Car’s Executive Club. The points can be used on Amozon.