• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Farce Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TSPO

Oh come now, bunky. Did you have to be so mean to me? Let me pull my tail out from between my legs and attempt to compose a reply to your incredibly insightful comments. Let me begin by stating that I do, in fact, have wings. The nice Southwest Airlines captain gave them to me when I was 10 years old. No, they're not gold, but I wear them everywhere. In fact, now that I have my Commercial cert., I actually feel entitled to them. When I complete UPT, I think I'll trade them in for the dull, lead looking ones the Air Force gives out.

Now, it's interesting to me that you claim that only people who have completed a military pilot training program are aviators, and that only they can have a valid opinion on the quality of the training program. It seems that you assume that I'm not a commissioned officer, or that I haven't been accepted to UPT. Once again, your ignorance comes shining through. Does the arrogance of Naval Aviatiors know no bounds? I'll give you this much, you are correct in assuming that I haven't yet completed the training. Let me take this opportunity to enlighten you so that you won't have to display your ignorance with your completely unfounded assumptions in the future. I am an aviator, I do not have my Air Force wings, yet. I am a commissioned officer, I have been accepted to UPT. We'll talk about that in a few months. Anyway, back to my point, your post says "Is Air Force UPT training more structured and rigid? I might agree with you if you were a commissioned officer that had been accepted to Air Force UPT, completed it, and earned your wings." What part of that statement has any validity to it at all? Is it necessary to have completed the UPT program to see the obvious difference in the training regimens? As you must realize, there are a myriad of UPT journals out there, and they make it easy for anybody to see the difference between the training programs. It is obvious that the Air Force is more structured, by the book, and rigid. With that said, it just doesn't make any sense that you would only agree with me if I had first hand knowledge. What is your logic supporting that statement? I made a statement of fact, just because I don't have first hand experience doesn't change that. Your statement is kind of like saying "yeah, that car may be worth more than this one, but I'll only agree with you if you are a car dealer, not some avg Joe off the street."

But that's not all! You then proceed to contradict even your fellow Naval Aviator, Mr Wink! You see, in his post, he states "BTW, wings are not wings! Only an AF guy would state that because it puts him in the same league as the Navy and Marines (ok Coasties too)." Now, as an AF guy, I feel that it is my duty to uphold our end of the interservice rivalry, so I pointed out his error in judging the value of wings by how shiny they are. You then proceed to chime in with your opinion that I am a wannabe and therefore am not entitled to an opinion (God, I still can't get over the arrogance of the Naval Aviators, and then to call me arrogant!). But, you didn't leave it at that. Your next statement "Neither of the flight training programs are superior to the other" completely contradicts what your fellow Naval Aviator, Mr. Wink, said. Now, unless I am mistaken, NFO is a backseater, right? So, just how is it that Mr. Wink, who is also not a military pilot and has not been to either pilot training program can have an opinion, based upon your statements? Sure, he is a winged Naval Aviator, but his wings don't produce quite enough lift to actually fly the plane; he also has no first hand knowledge of the pilot training, but you don't seem to mind that he comments on it.

You know what? I don't really care if you are amazed that someone would have the audacity to post an opinion contradictory to yours. I agree with you on one point, both branches produce highly trained pilots. I never said otherwise, but I still hate your uniform, I still know that Air Force UPT is more structured, and I still know that the worth of a pilot is not measured by the shininess of his/her wings. Say what you will, but only the most arrogant of people would imply that being a winged aviator is a prerequisite for contributing to an interservice rivalry.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll make this simple for you TSPO. I'm not engaging Wink or anything he has to say, he's earned his right for valid opinion and for you to attack him like you did is BS. I was using a bit of that thing called sarcasm, understandably difficult to recognize sometimes on the net. Before you call me arrogant, reread your posts buddy and look into the mirror. The way you come across is cocky, especially for a non aviator (I'm talking military here, not civilian). I don't care if you have been accepted, you haven't made it through yet. You have yet to prove yourself to talk the way you do. It's not your opinion that bothers me, it's your attitude. If you have a problem with the way I feel and wish to discuss it further, PM me and we can talk about it officer to officer.

T

TSPO

Is that pulling rank I sniff? Does bunky sit at the other end of this computer connection buffing those oak leaves (an assumption on my part, yes)? Ho hum, how droll. I am but the lowly butter bar, I haven't done anything to prove my worth, my opinion is lower than dog sh1t. I'll not take you up on the offer for an officer to officer PM, as I prefer to keep this one public.

Cocky, especially for a non aviator, you say? Yep, military aviators certainly have earned the right to be more cocky than non aviators, especially the non aviators who are responsible for taking care of the equipment required to allow them to do their job safely. After all, why should the lowly TSPO have any reason to be cocky, all he does is sit crouched underneath the jet while it is at full throttle, ensuring it has a good connection to the shuttle, and that any number of other things don't go wrong. I guess you're right, my attitude is unfounded. I'll immediately become a pansy and say nothing while anybody that feels the urge talk about me and my fellow Air Force pilots, past, present, or future, does so. I'm sure that attitude will get me a long way in UPT.

Attack wink? I consider it as defending my brethren from his attacks, but seriously, all in good fun, buddy. I've met alot of dudes just like you, both in the Air Force and Navy. You're right, I still have to prove myself worthy of the Air Force wings, and I stand tall to the challenge, but for you to say that I have proven nothing by my accomplishments thus far shows that you are an egomaniacal man who places the value of his accomplishments far above those of anyone who has chosen a different path to success. Now, can't we all just get along?

kevin

"my fellow Air Force pilots" so you are an air force pilot now? YOU'RE WINTERSIBS, ARENT YOU!!!!!!??????!!!!!!! ......................................... ok, maybe not. but im at least guessing you have a really small unit.

T

TSPO

Originally posted by TSPO
me and my fellow Air Force pilots, past, present, or future

Very keen observation there, kevo. Read carefully, that part at the end that you decided to omit, "past, present, or future", that was meant to be read as "past air force pilots, present Air Force pilots, or future Air Force pilots", with myself included in the last category. Sorry for the confusion, dimwit. I guess I'll have to be careful about being more clear. Maybe I should stop using the occasional three-syllable word, too, hmm.

As for the wintersibs thing, you caught me. I just finished up my English course. You like? Now those were some funny ass posts. Good readin!

(why is it that the Navy guys are always interested in the sizes of everybody's "unit"?)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lighten up TSPO. Can't take a little trash talking. You would never survive a typical TACAIR debrief. First it ain't the bauble it is what it represents. If you don't know that naval officer uniforms don't have bell bottoms then it is safe to say you ain't been there and haven't even done wannabe homework. If you have any integrity you would change your avatar. And you might excuse me for overreaching a bit by stating that we have the admiration of all. I might be led to think that since NO ONE has ever expressed anything but admiration and repect for me when I am wearing the uniform or they are aware of my association with naval aviation. Just last night the guy I was flying with, a former AF F-15C pilot said he "always had alot of respect for what you navy guys do".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Missed the last couple posts. So now I know that TSPO should have known that officer uniforms don't have bell bottoms because he was enlisted navy. I also know why he seems to hate the navy so, because his recruiter lied to him. So TSPO, you think I am a liar or just unqualified to comment on anything pilot becuase I am an NFO? Got news for you. If I can fly for a major airline I have demonstrated all the skill sets any AF pilot has. I can land on 10K feet of runway with the best of them. I haven't flown to a trap. That wasn't my job. But I knew everything and had all the same experiences as any pilot in my squadron with that one exception. I'll give you this much. You are apparently as proud of your association with the Air Farce as I am of mine in the navy. Problem is, your comments do infact come across as arrogant. So much so I'm glad you have found a home in the AF. It is hard to tell from online posts, but I feel like you need to lighten up alot. No one suggests you just sit back and take hits. But try to respond with a like attitude and consider the source and nature of your attacks. Hornetdrv provided the substance here. Everything else is best considered entertainment.

kevin

"dimwit"? lol....what? oh ****, isnt that disqualifying for naval aviation duty? man you crap me up.

T

TSPO

Hmm, sure, I'll bite, why not, this is entertaining. The bellbottom bit was added for effect, I know the officers don't wear them, they just make there little enlisted subjects continue to wear them for sh1ts and giggles. Ok, ABE2, that was my rate and rank when I got out after 4 years on the flight deck. Quals I had: weight board operator, bow safety, holdback, jbd operator, deckedge, TSPO, panel operator, waterbrake operator (man I loved getting in that tank), that one I can't remember where you sit in the middle of the flight deck and set the CSV when running from deck-edge rather than from the bubble, and probably some more I can't remember. I was training on the Safety Observer spot when I got out. I did countless shuttle inspections, waterbrake jobs, and trough inspections. Hell on our Med cruise of 95 I got to miss the whole freakin port stop in France over Christmas because I was TSPO and we had to pull the shuttle and pistons for an emergency waterbrake job. Loads of fun. I used to love it when we'd work for 20 hours and get to our racks for a few hours of sleep when the "chem light bandit" would strike. Always loved gettin out of the rack to muster for a man overboard because some jack ass threw a chem light in the water. Did you pilots even know how much the cat guys are working? We weren't lucky enough to have two shifts, if they were flying, we were working. We were up doing the pre-op on the cats, shooting the no-loads before the first launch of the day, and we were there doing the post-op maintenance after the last trap of the day. This made for alot of 16-20 hour workdays, catching naps on the floor in between launch cycles. Do you realize just how dirty, hungry, and tired that green shirt underneath your plane is? Go shake his hand and tell him you appreciate his hard work some day.

Sorry to go off on the tangent, but is that enough research for a wannabe? If you need any more info, just ask, I'll see if I can recall some specefics, like the breaking strength of the S-3 holdback bar pin, or the water pressure of the salt water coolant in the JBD's.

Don't question my integrity on your hunch that I haven't done all I've said I've done. Get some proof before you start throwing out accusations like that.

T

TSPO

As for the lighten up advice, sorry if I hit hard, it's just fun and games for me. If I stop writing the provoking posts, then you may stop replying, then I'll have nothing to do while I waste away on casual status waiting for my start date.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TSPO, I didn't know an avaitor on the ship that wasn't familier with a green shirt's job or respect them highly. If you didn't get that then it may have been because you weren't in the recieve mode due to all the apparent hatred you had for the aviators. Or was it all officers? I wish there was a way to be a fly on the wall during your UPT. Mister, you are in for one tough time. Even the Air Force won't be fair enough for you. I'm sure it will be because you were prior enlisted, prior navy, wasn't AF Academy, in the wrong squadron etc.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
On behalf of the rest of the Air Force, I would like to appologize to all others on this forum for harboring such a tit. Forgive us... forgive us.

Status
Not open for further replies.