• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waiver thread

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
TBC,
When I turned in my application, the fleet processor had me email the community manager's for my waiver. Even though the waiver is automatic for prior service, you still require the documentation from the community manager granting said waiver. Good advice about getting everything else done. Once your package is at TN, you can call the fleet processor and ask if they need anything else. At least that's what I did.

Great info! Thanks for that...

fjauliveld

Great info! Thanks for that...

Not a problem. Just glad to help. This site has helped me and kept me informed throughout my whole application process. Now, if only we could get them to finalize the quotas/manning document so they can publish a new board schedule, we'd be set. Until then, I'm just working on my Master's and trying to line up a few more heavy hitters for interview appraisals.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Not a problem. Just glad to help. This site has helped me and kept me informed throughout my whole application process. Now, if only we could get them to finalize the quotas/manning document so they can publish a new board schedule, we'd be set. Until then, I'm just working on my Master's and trying to line up a few more heavy hitters for interview appraisals.

Yea, that would be great because I could really use my FS and OCS date (supposed to be in August but things are changing!)... ;)... I think I would do exactly what you are if I wasn't already Pro-Rec'd... Good job on trying to improve your package... Keep it up!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are prior service (not on active duty), your recruiter will make the routine request for waiver. Nothing for the applicant to do. If you are active duty, as was mentioned above, you do have to request the waiver. It still isn't a big deal, just one more detail.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
If you are prior service (not on active duty), your recruiter will make the routine request for waiver. Nothing for the applicant to do. If you are active duty, as was mentioned above, you do have to request the waiver. It still isn't a big deal, just one more detail.

Fantastic. Thanks for the clarification Wink!

mjv305

ENS SNA
i am currently putting together an aplication as enlisted. I am 27. i required a waiver to apply for pilot and NFO. I e-mailed a lady called freda hudspeth (on global). She sends you a template that you fill out, you e-mail it back to her, she completes the letter, sends it to personal command and she e-mails you back a document signed by somebody important granting you the waiver. if you want more info, just replay to this and i will get you exact information you need..

TXSooner07

None
What about going over the age limit WHILE you are at OCS. For instance, I turn 27 on Nov 30 and have an OCS date of Aug 28 (which is due to graduate Nov 17). However, if I sprain my ankle or something and have to roll, I would be bumped to a class that didn't graduate before I turn 27. Anyone heard of/been in a situation like this?

8177bill

I will like a copy of that document. My CCC emailed Freda Huspeth but she has not gotten a response back. How long did it take for you to get a response back stating that your waiver was granted? Im also 27 and I will turn 28 in september and will need a waiver for pilot.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
I will like a copy of that document. My CCC emailed Freda Huspeth but she has not gotten a response back. How long did it take for you to get a response back stating that your waiver was granted? Im also 27 and I will turn 28 in september and will need a waiver for pilot.

he said three or four days in another thread until he had it complete

bigbazukabob

You guys have an awesome forum here for commissioning programs. Best I've found in the business... My background followed by my question:

Background: I am putting in my first STA-21 package for FY12. I have 7 years in AD as an E-6 in the submarining community. I am 25 turning 26 in July this year. I am applying to CORE primary with no alternates. My personal statement has expressed that I intend to strive for Nuclear Submarine or Pilot communities in my senior year of school. I have 67 college credit hours done towards by BS.

Question: With those numbers, or in general, I expect I'll need a waiver to complete by 29 for Pilot. As it stands right now, I don't need a waiver as I'm 25/26 to the board. I was not anticipating my waiver submittal with my initial package. I should be able to submit this waiver if and when selected for STA-21. Is this a bad assumption?

QUESTION SPECIFICALLY: Do I need to submit an age waiver based on my anticipated grad date?

I have searched for this answer everywhere. STA-21 Instructions are fuzzy. Forums don't hit the nail on the head. Please help...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Do I need to submit an age waiver based on my anticipated grad date?

I'm not 100% sure on the STA-21 stuff but I don't think it would be different from the information I know. Based on the numbers above I don't think you will be graduating by your 27th B-day although it is possible. You need the waiver if you will be over 27 when you receive your commission. So the answer specifically based off your information is yes you will need the waiver to submit your package. Good Luck!

TXSooner07

None
I have a question about this age waiver/pro req thing. I was pro req'd back in November and going to OCS Aug 28 but also turn 27 on November 30. Thus, if I roll for any reason, my new graduation date would put me past 27. What happens in that possible situation? Would they just send me home? My goal is definitely to get through without rolling but sometimes shit happens.

TXSooner07

None
Are you another Sooner? We need more of them on here.

Damn straight! Glad to represent. This may only be post 7 for me but I should be more active now that I just discovered that handy dandy link up top that shows me all the unread posts I have. Anyway, should be a good football season. I'll have to bug the DI's for all the scores while I'm at OCS.....(kidding obviously)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yeah the day you go in until a few days before you commission, your outside world is put on hold. Fortunately, I went through when football season was over.