• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waiver thread

Airborne502nd

I was wondering what you can get an age waiver for if you what to get a SNA position. Currently I’m finishing my BS in Animal Science/ Pre-Vet degree. The earliest that I can graduate will be next spring. Right now I’m 25 and will be turning 26 in April, so I don’t think I would be able to go to OCS and get commissioned before I turn 27. So that is why I was wondering what you can get a age waiver for, or would I have any other options to get a SNA.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Why can't you just start applying now? You sound like you're within 6 months of graduation. If you apply now, by the time your app gets reviewed, you'll be closer to graduation and getting an OCS date that is likely going to fall before your 27th birthday which is the cutoff I believe.

I'm 25 and will be turning 26 next summer and hopefully beginning Flight School by that point.

Sorry I couldn't directly answer your question, but I don't see any reason why you shouldnt start applying now. Good luck man.

HakTX

Has anyone heard of USMC candidates getting an age waive for one month over 27.5 after commissioning? (Considering they have an excellent PFT 285 and above?) or going to OCC as ground and picking up an air contract before they reach the age limit?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Has anyone heard of USMC candidates getting an age waive for one month over 27.5 after commissioning? (Considering they have an excellent PFT 285 and above?) or going to OCC as ground and picking up an air contract before they reach the age limit?

I have heard of a guy that was picked up for Navy SNA OCS but I don't know if he/she was rolled or what happened. He/She was able to obtain an age waiver for 1 month over the 27 age mark but they already had been through the board. I say ask your recruiter to submit your package and see if you get picked up, then apply for the waiver. I bet it would be easier to get a waiver but your recruiter would have to be on board with it obviously. Good Luck!

HakTX

Thanks for the input. The OSO said he'd try his best to get that waiver but from want I have read on this website it seems like I should not hold my breath. I just wanted to see is anyone else has had any luck

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Thanks for the input. The OSO said he'd try his best to get that waiver but from want I have read on this website it seems like I should not hold my breath. I just wanted to see is anyone else has had any luck

No problem but now I'm confused. If you read all over this site then you probably read about the individual I mentioned including several others who were successful in obtaining one. Why ask the question again if you already knew the answer?

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I received a conditional age waiver and I am a non-prior, but it was more due to my circumstances (I believe). I highly doubt they are giving waivers that easily, especially since they are trying to slow down the intake of SNAs and SNFOs. Anything is possible, but the condition is that you must commission by your 27th birthday. If you commission a day before your birthday, you are fine, now that means time is limited and cannot have any hick ups at OCS; however, I know someone that commissioned at 27 (Same OCS class as mine) and he did not have a waiver, granted he was 10 days into his 27th birthday (We actually have the same birthday), and he is a SNA. It does not hurt to try it.

soleadd13

To qualify for the Nationwide Tour, you must reach the top 50 of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament. This is not cheap. The journey through pre-qualifying and discount golf clubs can cost you more than $10,000(ishiner). The final stage, "Q School," features six grueling rounds. The top 25 finishers (plus ties) earn their tour card for the year.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
In the Airline and navy and also marine force age is most part of qualification because the in your age is more means you are old so you are no physically fit.In the airforce 200 hours and 500 hours time spent in air and in navy many day like 3 month ya 6 month spent in sea so are good mently and physically fit for any problem.

???? This makes no sense???? I'm betting you are a SPAMMER because your profile is also crap!

Wambo

I was wondering if anybody out there knows about how long it takes from the time the Board meets until I actually start OCS? I know a couple posts back, you say 1-2 months, which would be good for me. But does anyone have any more recent info for me. Here is why I ask....

I applied for SNA in the March 2011 board meeting.
I turn 27 on October 21, 2011

I need to leave for OCS no later than July 20, 2011 in order to be commissioned before my 27th birthday.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I was wondering if anybody out there knows about how long it takes from the time the Board meets until I actually start OCS? I know a couple posts back, you say 1-2 months, which would be good for me. But does anyone have any more recent info for me. Here is why I ask....

I applied for SNA in the March 2011 board meeting.
I turn 27 on October 21, 2011

I need to leave for OCS no later than July 20, 2011 in order to be commissioned before my 27th birthday.

Well lets just hope you get Pro-Rec'd otherwise you will not be getting an age waiver. FYI the next pilot board isn't until April. Packages are due in by March. So you should hear something by the end of April whether or not you were selected. Hopefully you get your package in early enough so as you seen and not tabled another month. If that is the case the chances of getting a Pro-Rec due to your time constraints is extremely small. Not many people are getting selected currently and classing up within a month or two but things could change in the next couple of months.

Wambo

I'm not too familiar with what a Pro-Rec is. Could you enlighten me? My recruiter is pretty confident that I will get in because I scored a 9/9/9 65 on the ASTB and my GPA was a 2.9 (ASTB definitely outways the GPA, I know).