• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waiver thread

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I have a question about this age waiver/pro req thing. I was pro req'd back in November and going to OCS Aug 28 but also turn 27 on November 30. Thus, if I roll for any reason, my new graduation date would put me past 27. What happens in that possible situation? Would they just send me home? My goal is definitely to get through without rolling but sometimes shit happens.

Do your best not to roll, but most likely, they wont care unless you roll for a shit ton of time. I had a conditional age waiver and I could not roll for more than a week, so I managed not to get sick or roll. At the same time a dude that was born the same day as me got into OCS somehow without an age waiver, in my same class. We both Commissioned at 27 and he sadly could not make it through API when the NSS was at 43.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I just went through a PCS and am going to try and submit a package for the August 22 boards since I heard this might be the only SNA board for a while (I would have submitted sooner but the PCS killed me). I need an age waiver though. OCS help desk said to contact the program manager but couldn't tell me who it was. Does anyone know and have his or her contact info? Also if I were to email the package next Wednesday what do you think the odds are that it will make it to the board?

fjauliveld

I just went through a PCS and am going to try and submit a package for the August 22 boards since I heard this might be the only SNA board for a while (I would have submitted sooner but the PCS killed me). I need an age waiver though. OCS help desk said to contact the program manager but couldn't tell me who it was. Does anyone know and have his or her contact info? Also if I were to email the package next Wednesday what do you think the odds are that it will make it to the board?

AT3,
I think you were just at 30 with me. Think we went on that day cruise on the Sullivans to interview with the XO. Don't think you'll make it to the August board, as the deadline was 25 July. Talk to the fleet processor though, he may be able to get you in if you explain your situation. As far as the age waiver goes, I know the contact for NFO, don't know if it's the same for SNA. Email me via NMCI, and I'll forward you her contact info. I'll send a PM with my email address. Don't know if Suppo told you, but I got Pro-Rec'd for Supply. Waiting on a Final Select now.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Yeah we did go on that day cruise! Nice job on the pro rec that's my number one choice. Hopefully I will get a pro rec for the September board. My nmci email might be down right now but I will send you my personal email if you wouldn't mind sending me the contact info on that email address. Good luck on the NFO board as well!

mjv305

ENS SNA
ahhh. i am sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. im here now, package is in, and i can honestly say i am the most knowledgeable person regarding OCS packages on my base. If you need any help, send me a message. I will check back daily now.

Enrique Pacheco

Hello-

I am a 5 year prior enlisted, with 3 years of DOD contracting experience and recently finished my Bachelor's through Embry-Riddle in Professional Aeronautics with two minors; Safety and Management. During the past eight years my career has been based on aircraft maintenance, meanwhile I went to college with the hopes of possibly flying one day. But now I am 29, and age is starting to challenge some of my possible opportunities. I need an age waiver for the USAF,USMC and the USN, the USCG does not assure me a spot in flight training before OCS, and I have not checked with the ARMY yet; leaving them as a last resort. I took the AFOQT and the ASTB, passed them both but my age has now become the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or any info about any programs that I might be overlooking?

v/r
Enrique

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Hello-

I am a 5 year prior enlisted, with 3 years of DOD contracting experience and recently finished my Bachelor's through Embry-Riddle in Professional Aeronautics with two minors; Safety and Management. During the past eight years my career has been based on aircraft maintenance, meanwhile I went to college with the hopes of possibly flying one day. But now I am 29, and age is starting to challenge some of my possible opportunities. I need an age waiver for the USAF,USMC and the USN, the USCG does not assure me a spot in flight training before OCS, and I have not checked with the ARMY yet; leaving them as a last resort. I took the AFOQT and the ASTB, passed them both but my age has now become the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or any info about any programs that I might be overlooking?

v/r
Enrique

No need for double posting... Your question has been answered... Good Luck!

jcr1228

FS SNA/ OCS July 29th
**Update** I personally called/emailed Freda (thru global), gave her the required info the template and was told that I will receive the signed/completed calculated eligibility dates by C.O.B. tomorrow.

EmperorBrandonI

I checked out that linked PDF for the age requirements, and this is the first time(admittedly I just began looking into Navy OCS this weekend) I've seen the seen SWO with the various options that match other fields. Though they only seem to get get further explanation under the STA21 sections. How is, for example, SWO IW Option, different from just plain Information Warfare?

I turn 28 this month, but I probably have at least 1.5, but more likely 2 years on my degree, so I'll be either 30 or pushing it when I finish my degree. Though I am prior servers(6 years USAF), so it looks like that will help with a waiver, but even though SWO is my first choice, I'm still looking closely at anything that's up to 35 or more for a safer option(especially if I have to try more than once). That document actually helps a lot as I had been looking around and going off rumors and hearsay from this and other forums trying to get age requirements.

Slimey

i am currently putting together an aplication as enlisted. I am 27. i required a waiver to apply for pilot and NFO. I e-mailed a lady called freda hudspeth (on global). She sends you a template that you fill out, you e-mail it back to her, she completes the letter, sends it to personal command and she e-mails you back a document signed by somebody important granting you the waiver. if you want more info, just replay to this and i will get you exact information you need..
I tried to look up Freda Hudspeth on global and could not find her listed. Is there another person now doing the age waivers? I am 30 years old 31 in june on active duty and I am applying for Intel, IW, & Supply. Any info on who to contact for an age waiver it would be appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

I checked out that linked PDF for the age requirements, and this is the first time(admittedly I just began looking into Navy OCS this weekend) I've seen the seen SWO with the various options that match other fields. Though they only seem to get get further explanation under the STA21 sections. How is, for example, SWO IW Option, different from just plain Information Warfare?

I turn 28 this month, but I probably have at least 1.5, but more likely 2 years on my degree, so I'll be either 30 or pushing it when I finish my degree. Though I am prior servers(6 years USAF), so it looks like that will help with a waiver, but even though SWO is my first choice, I'm still looking closely at anything that's up to 35 or more for a safer option(especially if I have to try more than once). That document actually helps a lot as I had been looking around and going off rumors and hearsay from this and other forums trying to get age requirements.

If you are not currently on active duty you go thru an officer recruiter, the waiver process is different.

LLLLL

I tried to look up Freda Hudspeth on global and could not find her listed. Is there another person now doing the age waivers? I am 30 years old 31 in june on active duty and I am applying for Intel, IW, & Supply. Any info on who to contact for an age waiver it would be appreciated.
Go on Bupers and find the community manager for the designator you wan. I had trouble getting my age waiver processed but within 24 hours of emailing the manager I had the waiver for both designators I wanted.