• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
I'm really starting to feel it man. Once that at board list drops I'm going to be frantically looking for my name and raging if I don't find it haha
I just need to hear my package was processed and I’m cool. I think the list will drop the week before

kathelim

Just read the URLO ISPP program authorization and found out Full Time Support (FTS) personnel are ineligible . I’m FTS ? just fysa for the FTS people on here

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I just need to hear my package was processed and I’m cool. I think the list will drop the week before
I was told by my recruiter that my package got pushed to NRC for the 31OCT22 board in September before the deadline without any issues. Does that mean anything for the at board list?

D

Deleted member 88965

Given the recent uncertainty of wait time for flight school are people applying for actual career jobs, then quitting when they are able to actually ship? Seems like a requirement if time to ship can be 1-2 years, but I would like to avoid burning bridges in industry.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Given the recent uncertainty of wait time for flight school are people applying for actual career jobs, then quitting when they are able to actually ship? Seems like a requirement if time to ship can be 1-2 years, but I would like to avoid burning bridges in industry.
I more or less did this.

The way I see it, it’s not really “burning bridges” if the federal govt selects you for service and you choose to go that route rather than stick with an industry job.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I'd ALWAYS recommend having a back up plan. Work in your career field whatever that may be and keep this in your back pocket. You don't have to inform your employer of this intention.

Dboom85

Banned
You will absolutely not burn bridges and if people are going to hold serving your country while following your dream against you, I would say that's not a bridge worth keeping.

The2ndworst

I told my work that I applied, and will be leaving if I get accepted in likely year or so. They were supportive, but then again I’m a teacher and we are very in demand so they’re just glad that Im not quitting sooner.

OptionsDollaraire

You will absolutely not burn bridges and if people are going to hold serving your country while following your dream against you, I would say that's not a bridge worth keeping.
I mean I agree but don't go like a peacock announcing what you're doing. They are still an employer and blah blah blah USERRA, do you know how hard it would be to prove they fired you because of your desire to join the military? Keep cards close until you get selected imo, even then you don't have an obligation to tell anyone until 2 weeks before you ship.

villo0692

I mean I agree but don't go like a peacock announcing what you're doing. They are still an employer and blah blah blah USERRA, do you know how hard it would be to prove they fired you because of your desire to join the military? Keep cards close until you get selected imo, even then you don't have an obligation to tell anyone until 2 weeks before you ship.
He’s right. I didn’t say anything until I had orders in hand. Then I did all the paperwork to take military leave, and now, over a year has gone by and I’m technically speaking still employed by them, while waiting to class up in Pcola

Ghost32123

WannabeSNA
Spoke to my recruiter today for a while regarding re-applying to OCS again, apparently the people whom were supposed to go in January are being offered to redes or wait a heck of a lot longer. Hopefully it "rubberbands" and they need pilots towards the end of next year. Has anyone heard much information other than hurry up and wait?