• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
I didn't have LORs, in fact my OR tried dissuading me from getting LORs because they're practically meaningless on an aviation board. I got some really good ones too - from USAF pilots and a former government official - and sent them anyway.

At the very last minute, he told me "By the way, we can't use your LORs because they don't have signatures."
That’s the consensus is that they are virtually worthless

The2ndworst

This is probably a question for one of the former recruiters, but my recruiter said Atleast 1 was mandatory. He even called me the day before the deadline, saying I had to get one resubmitting with a wet signature.

exNavyOffRec

I didn't have LORs, in fact my OR tried dissuading me from getting LORs because they're practically meaningless on an aviation board. I got some really good ones too - from USAF pilots and a former government official - and sent them anyway.

At the very last minute, he told me "By the way, we can't use your LORs because they don't have signatures."
He is correct, not required, and they don't bother to look at them.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
For the benefit of everyone, I’ve decided to make an FAQ to answer some common questions here. These are in no particular order, and I will edit the list as necessary to accommodate additional questions.

1. Is the board cancelled?

Until your recruiter officially contacts you to tell you otherwise, always assume the board is happening.

2. When is the next board?

Board schedules can typically be found with a quick Google search.

The schedule for fiscal year 23 (FY23) can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...ed 13SEP2022.pdf?ver=qsLg112DwvkjLTjvjF8IwA==

3. What is the at-board list?

The “at-board” list is the list of people whose applications will be seen at the upcoming SNA/SNFO board. If your name is not on it, you will have to apply for the next board.

4. When does the at-board list come out? Where can I find it?

There is no set date for when the list is released, but it generally comes out within a week or two of the board convene date.

In my past experience, the enlisted personnel will typically find it and post it here for our convenience. I have also heard that some people’s recruiters will let them know when they find out.

5. Are letters of recommendation (LORs) required?

No
. In fact, they apparently don’t even matter.

6. What are my chances of being selected?

The rule of thumb is that higher ASTB scores = better chance of selection. In the past, all 7s or higher was pretty much a shoe-in.

Nowadays, 7s are more or less a toss-up, and the rest of your application will determine your fate.

Please note: a higher score means a better chance of being selected. It is rare, but there have been people with 8s and 9s who were not selected. Take everything with a grain of salt.

7. What is ISPP?

The Navy In-Service Procurement Program (ISPP) is a program through which active duty enlisted personnel can apply for commission in all Unrestricted Line Officer communities, granted they meet all eligibility criteria. In other words, current enlisted personnel can become officers if they meet the requirements.

Details can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...SPP_Nov-2021.pdf?ver=OV617fsNZZOnBoBGzvV5lA==

8. Who is exNavyOffRec?

exNavyOffRec, also referred to as Jesus Christ, is the central figure of Christianity. He is believed by many Christians to be the Son of God and the messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.

If I’ve made, any mistakes or have provided any wrong information, please let me know and I will get it fixed ASAP.

OptionsDollaraire

For the benefit of everyone, I’ve decided to make an FAQ to answer some common questions here. These are in no particular order, and I will edit the list as necessary to accommodate additional questions.

Until your recruiter officially contacts you to tell you otherwise, always assume the board is happening.

The schedule for fiscal year 23 (FY23) can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/CareerCounseling/FY23 Board Schedule Updated 13SEP2022.pdf?ver=qsLg112DwvkjLTjvjF8IwA==

The “at-board” list is the list of people whose applications will be seen at the upcoming SNA/SNFO board. If your name is not on it, you will have to apply for the next board.

There is no set date for when the list is released, but it generally comes out within a week or two of the board convene date.

In my past experience, the enlisted personnel will typically find it and post it here for our convenience. I have also heard that some people’s recruiters will let them know when they find out.

No

The rule of thumb is that higher ASTB scores = better chance of selection. In the past, all 7s or higher was pretty much a shoe-in.

Nowadays, 7s are more or less a toss-up, and the rest of your application will determine your fate.

Please note: a higher score means a better chance of being selected. It is rare, but there have been people with 8s and 9s who were not selected. Take everything with a grain of salt.

7. What is ISPP?

The Navy In-Service Procurement Program (ISPP) is a program through which active duty enlisted personnel can apply for commission in all Unrestricted Line Officer communities, granted they meet all eligibility criteria. In other words, current enlisted personnel can become officers if they meet the requirements.

Details can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/OCM/PA-100F_ISPP_Nov-2021.pdf?ver=OV617fsNZZOnBoBGzvV5lA==

8. Who is exNavyOffRec?

exNavyOffRec, also referred to as Jesus Christ, is the central figure of Christianity. He is believed by many Christians to be the Son of God and the messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.

If I’ve made, any mistakes or have provided any wrong information, please let me know and I will get it fixed ASAP.
What’s the at board list?

BDavis11

Contributor

The schedule for fiscal year 23 (FY23) can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/CareerCounseling/FY23 Board Schedule Updated 13SEP2022.pdf?ver=qsLg112DwvkjLTjvjF8IwA==

No

7. What is ISPP?

Details can be found here: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/OCM/PA-100F_ISPP_Nov-2021.pdf?ver=OV617fsNZZOnBoBGzvV5lA==

8. Who is exNavyOffRec?

Lol this belongs in its own post. FAQ’s of AW. Cuz these same questions get asked everywhere all the damn time. Simple search function and no one uses it

Mouselovr

Contributor

No

7. What is ISPP?

8. Who is exNavyOffRec?

As someone who writes consolidated gouge postings, well done on this.