• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Nothing you can really do to avoid it. If there’s an issue, they will find it. To be fair though,
Not a lot of ppl get DQ’d
It always seems like many do, I feel the reason for that is those that have no issues don't feel the need to post "I cleared medical" as that is what should happen, so the post we see are those that had something happen.

wonderb0iwl

Speaking of getting NAMI whammied, assuming I even get that far, is there anything I can do to avoid getting NAMI whammied? I think i'm in pretty good shape just coming off a 4 year college soccer career but I wear glasses/contacts with a really mild prescription/refractive error (correctable to 20/20).
Pilot I talked to said people got DQd but mostly from specific aircrafts, rarely from the entire program itself.

dxfan06

Hopeful SNA-Dreadful Runner
yeah i have a little bit of dry skin on my elbows that could be looked at as exczema, but im hoping to clear it up before i go because it has never caused me problems but it would DQ me entirely. As Furnace said, i'm praying to John Paul Jones.

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
yeah i have a little bit of dry skin on my elbows that could be looked at as exczema, but im hoping to clear it up before i go because it has never caused me problems but it would DQ me entirely. As Furnace said, i'm praying to John Paul Jones.
I had to get a waiver for 'dermatitis'. I don't have exczema, but I had dry-ish skin (it was winter bruh c'mon) and they said I did not qualify. I got it waived literally that day and I was good to go.

dxfan06

I had to get a waiver for 'dermatitis'. I don't have exczema, but I had dry-ish skin (it was winter bruh c'mon) and they said I did not qualify. I got it waived literally that day and I was good to go.
yeah that's literally me. Like when i tried enlisting years ago a doctor clocked me for it but its largely gone so im hoping that by the time i get back the doctor will look at it and be like "yeah this isn't anything anymore"

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Same I also had to get a dermatitis waiver. It was inconvenient and a pain in the ass but it wasn't hard to get approved.

Mouselovr

Contributor
You're fine. Have a friend who has adult eczema. Shes was freaked that she was gonna get DQed. They didnt care.

Go get your eyes checked out. Its legit 90% of DQs is stuff an eye doc could easily tell you,

dxfan06

You're fine. Have a friend who has adult eczema. Shes was freaked that she was gonna get DQed. They didnt care.

Go get your eyes checked out. Its legit 90% of DQs is stuff an eye doc could easily tell you,
for sure, i still needed glasses when i went the first time and when the sent me back home the first thing i did was get LASIK. and was hers bad? She put in for a waiver?