• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I asked him twice in the conversation to be confirm. He said the board would convene in late November (I think the 25th), and I would hear results back either end of December or early January.
He also said I could expect up to a year’s wait for OCS, even if I am accepted this board. But he said the wait time has been shortening for those who indicate they can start immediately.
Unless he is a friend of the few board members or of the director of OCS accessions he wouldn't know, and boards always list a convene date on a Monday. In many cases the senior board member is the only one that knows the date he will actually convene the board based on his or her schedule.

BDavis11

Contributor
Got confirmation I am in the Oct board, and CNRC informed me officially my age waiver was approved.

Sharing my package meat below:

Currently AD Enlisted (E-3). 5.0 EP Eval.

ASTB Scores: PFAR: 7 FOFAR: 6 AQR: 6

OAR: 58

Recommendations:

1. ⁠2-Star Admiral (Aviator - Jets - 1310)
2. ⁠O-6 Command Track (Aviator - Jets - 1320).
3. ⁠O-5 Command Track (Aviator - E-2s - 1310)

Appraisals (All 10’s across the board):

1. ⁠O-6 Aviator, Helos, 1310
2. ⁠O-5 Aviator, Helos, 1310
3. ⁠O-5 Aviator, P-8s, 1320

CO recommendation is solid, Clearance is good, most recent PFA score is Outstanding Low, have a fully approved NAMI Flight Physical.
When did u submit

cjh5073

The board itself has to follow the PA, unless there is something that @FormerRecruitingGuru knows I believe they would be required to reject the ISPP, it is possible they could slide you over to the regular process, you have a good PFAR and that is what matters, PFA doesn't matter, LOR's don't matter, and recommendations don't matter.

The pull an admiral not in CNRC has with CNRC is almost nil, I have seen guys with recommendations from all levels of admirals get denied because they didn't meet the PA or weren't the best qualified.
Fair enough. I’m only going off of what’s in front of me.

Regardless - the only main difference from ISPP versus regular app is the priority AD applicants get, and the “as long as you’re qualified you will be accepted” clause.

I have zero expectations anyway. If I get picked up, I get picked up.

If I don’t then ?‍♂️

BDavis11

Contributor
I submitted beginning of august to FLAG, got confirmation 23 Sep my application was approved/accepted by CNRC and I was on the 31 Oct board.
Oh wow. The processing of apps is backed up for sure then. Last time I submitted I had a response in 5 days. This time seems like it’s going to be a while

cjh5073

Oh wow. The processing of apps is backed up for sure then. Last time I submitted I had a response in 5 days. This time seems like it’s going to be a while
I mean I was working directly with the Flag Aides on this (LT and YNCS). The turnaround on his endorsement and additional recommendation was quick.

When they submitted it officially to Mr. Celestin - I got a response a week later so I don’t think it’s taking all that long.

D3mascus

Unless he is a friend of the few board members or of the director of OCS accessions he wouldn't know, and boards always list a convene date on a Monday. In many cases the senior board member is the only one that knows the date he will actually convene the board based on his or her schedule.
Oh absolutely, I’m convinced he’s got bad info after asking on here.

I’ve gotten wrong information every possible step of the process, so not surprising. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if he never actually sent my application in, forgetting to hit “submit” or whatever.
Only reason I didn’t ask for a new recruiter or complain to his superior, I didn’t want it to prevent me getting in for this board.

cjh5073

Oh absolutely, I’m convinced he’s got bad info after asking on here.

I’ve gotten wrong information every possible step of the process, so not surprising. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if he never actually sent my application in, forgetting to hit “submit” or whatever.
Only reason I didn’t ask for a new recruiter or complain to his superior, I didn’t want it to prevent me getting in for this board.
You know the whole process is flawed when we’re thinking things like “I didn’t ask for a new recruiter because I didn’t want it to prevent me from getting in”

Hope it works out for you brother.

BDavis11

Contributor
I mean I was working directly with the Flag Aides on this (LT and YNCS). The turnaround on his endorsement and additional recommendation was quick.

When they submitted it officially to Mr. Celestin - I got a response a week later so I don’t think it’s taking all that long.
I submitted on the 16th and haven’t heard a word yet

cjh5073

I will be. I already emailed twice and called with a voicemail
Yeah I mean I did the same - he was radio silent for about a week and a half. When my Air Boss asked me how my package was going and I told him I didn’t get any response - took him emailing Mr. Celestin to finally get a response from him.

I’d for sure leverage an O-5 or above that’s advocating for you to check in with him.

Tgonzo29

Hows my shot for this board?

Been denied twice (1 time with my current ASTB scores). I got two new rec letters and wrote a new motivational statement for this round.

ASTB: 7/9/7
OAR: 50
Legal Waivers: Yes (7+ years ago)
GPA: 2.59 (graduated 2016) B.A New Communication Media
Flight Experience: CFI with 1000 Hours, Commercial-Instrument

Rec Letters: 1) Retired O-8 (USAF-Fighter Pilot), 2) Retired O-6 (USMC CAG/TestPilot/Top Gun) 3) Retired 0-5 (USN Big Wing Pilot) 4) Retired O-5 (USN Big Wing Pilot)

BDavis11

Contributor

Been denied twice (1 time with my current ASTB scores). I got two new rec letters and wrote a new motivational statement for this round.

Rec Letters: 1) Retired O-8 (USAF-Fighter Pilot), 2) Retired O-6 (USMC CAG/TestPilot/Top Gun) 3) Retired 0-5 (USN Big Wing Pilot) 4) Retired O-5 (USN Big Wing Pilot)
Might be the legal waiver depending what it is bro

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant

Your scores match well with the spreadsheet but like @BDavis11 said, the legal waiver could be an issue and your GPA maybe?