• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

Have any of you been able to practice the emergency procedures at home? Or is it just fly by seat of pants during the test? Would be a real shame to stupidly mess up an EP and tank your score.
I don't think you can study for the EPs. They're really simple and you can write them down on a piece of paper.

Fire
RPM to 0%, fuel to 0% and press the clutch.

Engine failure
RPM to 100%, fuel to 100% and press the clutch.

Propeller failure
RPM to 100%, fuel to 50% and press the clutch.
This happened to me my first attempt. Pretty convinced it tanked my score.
I tanked my first time too.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
I really hate having an 8 PFAR lol, god forbid I dont get selected for some reason I dont want to have to try for a 9 and risk lower scores. I know an 8 is good but seeing others pulling 9's makes me itch a little lmao

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Have any of you been able to practice the emergency procedures at home? Or is it just fly by seat of pants during the test? Would be a real shame to stupidly mess up an EP and tank your score.
I wouldn't worry too much about the emergency procedures, you get 10 seconds to turn 2 dials and that's it. Don't sweat it

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
If I recall correctly, isn't speed a factor too?
Speed is a factor for the listening, perhaps for this part as well, but it really isn't hard. Don't overthink it. Actually, in my test the order of emergency situations was the same order that they were presented to me. I'm not sure if it is always like that, but if it is, at least you know what is coming so you know where you have to put the dials.