• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Our aircrew carried some sort of service pistol when they flew in country missions. Not sure what it was though

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
Question: what does everyone's week look like in terms of workouts? I've been trying to bump up my numbers for the PRT but I've also been doing stuff outside of that just to have some diversity in the week, so I'm just curious as to how everyone stays fit.

ChandosT

Lifting Monday-Friday and ending the workout with a 5k.
(I only run for thirty minutes so my pace brings me just about 3.5 miles or less depending on how hard I go.)

If I miss a day of lifting during the week for whatever reason I just move it to the weekend. The sessions take me about an hour and a half total.

I realize I’m probably more toward the high end of working out, but the gym is a happy place for me so I enjoy being there.
Lord, let me find the kind of time you have for exercise (I have a kid, work full time, and go to school full time *BDCP please*)

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
Lifting Monday-Friday and ending the workout with a 5k.
(I only run for thirty minutes so my pace brings me just about 3.5 miles or less depending on how hard I go.)

If I miss a day of lifting during the week for whatever reason I just move it to the weekend. The sessions take me about an hour and a half total.

I realize I’m probably more toward the high end of working out, but the gym is a happy place for me so I enjoy being there.
What does your lifting schedule look like? We all know Monday is International Chest Day, but what about the others?

zchandos

SNA/SNFO Applying 2023
Question: what does everyone's week look like in terms of workouts? I've been trying to bump up my numbers for the PRT but I've also been doing stuff outside of that just to have some diversity in the week, so I'm just curious as to how everyone stays fit.
Currently lifting Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and I play sports/cardio on Tuesday. I generally try to get in some cardio after my lifts as well but not always. Off days are also "active rest" so I try to still get up and move. Lastly I usually will do bodyweight exercises like pushups and planks just whenever during my free time.

Keep in mind, I wont have to be concerned about PRT for awhile since I am applying for BDCP and still have a few years minimum until OCS. Someone who is heading out within the next upcoming months might want to focus more on just bodyweight and running.

ChandosT

Anyway, all I have time for unfortunately is runs around my neighborhood and bodyweight stuff in my house. If and when I get BDCP that'll free up 8 hours of my day and your only responsibility to the Navy at that point is to graduate, stay in shape, and not do drugs. Sooo ill be back in the gym then.

Dboom85

Banned
Anyway, all I have time for unfortunately is runs around my neighborhood and bodyweight stuff in my house. If and when I get BDCP that'll free up 8 hours of my day and your only responsibility to the Navy at that point is to graduate, stay in shape, and not do drugs. Sooo ill be back in the gym then.
I wonder how much free time we would have to workout if we didn’t spend as much time as we do on this site ?

BDavis11

Contributor
I workout Monday-Saturday. Run 1.5+ then hit the weights. 4 kids, grad student, active duty. Small window of 2 hours to workout so u just make it work! I have always been a sprinter so my run time ain’t nothing great but I pass in the “good” area however I make up for it with push-ups and core maxing those out. ??‍♂️

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
Sounds like everyone has a solid schedule going! Mine’s not as exciting as everyone else’s:
  • Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - Karate practice and running
  • Tuesday - PRT practice/conditioning (run, push-ups, planks)
  • Thursday - Quick run/hill sprints
  • Friday - PRT practice/conditioning
  • Sunday - Beer drinking practice
I’m mainly focused on conditioning and getting my PRT numbers up, but I’m thinking of adding some strength training to supplement my workouts