• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

Sounds like everyone has a solid schedule going! Mine’s not as exciting as everyone else’s:
  • Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - Karate practice and running
  • Tuesday - PRT practice/conditioning (run, push-ups, planks)
  • Thursday - Quick run/hill sprints
  • Friday - PRT practice/conditioning
  • Sunday - Beer drinking practice
I’m mainly focused on conditioning and getting my PRT numbers up, but I’m thinking of adding some strength training to supplement my workouts
I love Sunday!

Try starting at 2 miles. If you can run it less than 20 minutes, you'll be alright as long as you stick to the program (But seriously, 16:00 is where it's at).Then keep piling on the miles and getting fast at those too.

Pushups and planks should be an everyday thing.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Good morning (hopeful) aviators! I got some good news from the ASTB this morning so now I get to update my signature lol.
Ended up with 63 9/9/7. I'm very excited ?
Hell yeah congrats! I know you probably could care less about the 7 FOFAR but out of curiosity what on the test influenced that the most if you even know?

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Hell yeah congrats! I know you probably could care less about the 7 FOFAR but out of curiosity what on the test influenced that the most if you even know?
Honestly, no idea. I know for sure I didn't miss any of the prompts on dichotic listening and I missed one UAV question with an average of about 2 seconds. I would have thought for FOFAR it would be those two but I feel like I did really good so I'm not sure.

OptionsDollaraire

Honestly, no idea. I know for sure I didn't miss any of the prompts on dichotic listening and I missed one UAV question with an average of about 2 seconds. I would have thought for FOFAR it would be those two but I feel like I did really good so I'm not sure.
If youre willing could you walk us through this test as opposed to your last attempt? Ie. felt way more confident during PBM, did great on ANIT, emergency procedures, etc. Did you practice with the Jantzen sim and an X52 HOTAS?

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
So I basically only studied ANIT, math, and mech for like one day each. But for me this stuff comes easily; I'm an aerospace engineer and I like naval history, and I have 8 flight hours. This benefits me because on the ANIT, none of the questions I studied except like 2 of them were on there, I kinda just knew from past exerience. What really made the difference imo was practicing the PBM. I did the Jantzen simulator every day for like an hour for about 2 weeks. My scores on the sim were terrible, but I'm on an ultrawide monitor, so it's harder for me as the screen is massive. My stick is an x56, so kinda similar to the x52 used on the test, but my stick is a little more stiff (gigitty). I think making sure you have a good general understanding of airplanes and just navy stuff in general will help a lot. If I can answer any specific questions or you need any clarifications, ask away.

ChandosT

My stick is an x56, so kinda similar to the x52 used on the test
I'm using a thrustmaster brand stick and its completely different but honestly I think the idea is the same. I've been scoring consistent 90's-110's on the jantzen sim on the hardest difficulty lately. The key is getting the muscle memory to react to that target juking you out

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Oh I forgot, you can write down the emergency procedures on a piece of paper so you don't have to memorize. Apparently if you get a procedure wrong, the difficulty of the stick and throttle tracking won't increase, meaning you won't get a high score.

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
I'm using a thrustmaster brand stick and its completely different but honestly I think the idea is the same. I've been scoring consistent 90's-110's on the jantzen sim on the hardest difficulty lately. The key is getting the muscle memory to react to that target juking you out
Yeah if you can get comfortable with switching directions with the throttle while tracking on the stick, this helps greatly. It's better to stay near the throttle target but not get juked than to get on top of the target and get juked so you lose concentration on both hands in my experience

ChandosT

Oh I forgot, you can write down the emergency procedures on a piece of paper so you don't have to memorize. Apparently if you get a procedure wrong, the difficulty of the stick and throttle tracking won't increase, meaning you won't get a high score.
This happened to me my first attempt. Pretty convinced it tanked my score.

OptionsDollaraire

Have any of you been able to practice the emergency procedures at home? Or is it just fly by seat of pants during the test? Would be a real shame to stupidly mess up an EP and tank your score.