• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

Dang man you've got quite the juggling act going on. Who is your #1 2 and 3?
My #1 is Navy, #2 is USMC, and #3 is Army. I have a lot of juggling going on!!

I don't even know if I'm going to stand a chance with the Navy because of my crappy GPA, iffy PFAR, and now I have to get a legal waiver for something stupid I did 7 years ago. Odds are definitely against me here.

USMC just cares that I'm an athlete. I have to take off a few more minutes off my 3 mile time and do more pullups. Pilot slots are getting more scarce too with the "Force Redesign 2030". Not impossible, but certainly a lot of work for me to get done physically.

The Army recruiter was very eager to work with me on my WOFT package. I've done a lot of research and it seems like a great program on paper, easier to get selected, and a faster way to the cockpit - of course with it's own unique drawbacks like any other branch. One Army pilot told me "Considering your age (28) and GPA, you’re not competitive for the other branches. Which means you would fit right in with us."

I'm oversharing my thought processes here, but these past 2 years of applying have been full of reality checks and other challenges.

But overall, MAKE THEM TELL YOU NO!

FloridaDad

So what’s on everyone’s dream sheet? Obviously this is just for fun, I know we all have a looooong way to go. I’ll go first:

1. E-6B (OKC)
2. P-8A (JAX)
3. Some pointy nose shit in Lemoore
More than anything I want to fly a jet and I guess if I picked between them I'd say F-35 followed by F/A-18. At the end of the day I'll be happy flying anything, but I plan to push myself hard through training to increase my chances of getting my first choice.

FloridaDad

I really hate having an 8 PFAR lol, god forbid I dont get selected for some reason I dont want to have to try for a 9 and risk lower scores. I know an 8 is good but seeing others pulling 9's makes me itch a little lmao
Dude I'm sitting on a 7 with a low GPA... I'd kill for an 8 hahah. There's probably someone with a 6 saying the same about me though. Always greener on the other side. Hopefully we all get picked up and can stop worrying about it.

FloridaDad

Well, there are my 3 replies to get caught up on like 2 weeks of this thread I missed. Man guys, every time I check in on this forum I leave with anxiety haha. I always feel like I'm going to for sure get picked up until I hang out here. There are just so many impressive applicants here, doomsayers in the forum, and plenty of people with similar scores to me that got passed over. I'm hoping that by the first week of December I'm excited and relaxed about the future and ready to see you guys at OCS next year.

WorldWar33.3

Well, there are my 3 replies to get caught up on like 2 weeks of this thread I missed. Man guys, every time I check in on this forum I leave with anxiety haha. I always feel like I'm going to for sure get picked up until I hang out here. There are just so many impressive applicants here, doomsayers in the forum, and plenty of people with similar scores to me that got passed over. I'm hoping that by the first week of December I'm excited and relaxed about the future and ready to see you guys at OCS next year.
Your AQR is nothing to shake a stick at. That 8 looks pretty damn nice brother!

I've been getting desensitized to the anxiety since the November board thread. You remember how that thread had memes that eased the anxiety? Well, here we have whiskey and Montucky beer lol.

I can't get away from this forum because I work in front of this computer just a few Google Chrome tabs away, and because I like you guys.

OptionsDollaraire

Your AQR is nothing to shake a stick at. That 8 looks pretty damn nice brother!

I've been getting desensitized to the anxiety since the November board thread. You remember how that thread had memes that eased the anxiety? Well, here we have whiskey and Montucky beer lol.

I can't get away from this forum because I work in front of this computer just a few Google Chrome tabs away, and because I like you guys.
You... like these people?

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
I feel we all get along quite nicely despite the inherent competition behind all this. As I’ve previously stated though in the navy your peers can be both your best friends who you would die for, but also your biggest competition… better than all of us being insecure and at each other’s throats behind a computer screen *cough* Reddit *cough*
Don't forget the cesspool known as Twitter! If you're looking for some incredibly braindead takes on anything, just browse Twitter for about 30 seconds.