• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

If I’ve learned anything from hanging out in this forum for almost a year now, it’s that we don’t know anything about what’s gonna happen at the next board and speculating is pretty much worthless as everyone is always wrong lol. It’s absolutely natural for us to get anxious about it and try to figure out what’s going to happen but the truth is we can’t control the future and that’s stressful because we all want to have some control of our future. Time for us to sit back and wait and see what happens. To answer the earlier question about my next steps, I just need to finalize my motivational statement and then my package is complete. That is assuming that nothing else pops up to throw yet another roadblock in my way, and at this point I pretty much just expect that to happen so I’m just waiting to hear what went wrong lol.

davidc1220

Hopefully its true, I'm going to see if I can finish everything for this package Monday and let it go from there. I've also been having dreams of being at OCS (never been to Navy OCS) and stuff. Has anyone else had this?

There is no august deadline. The next deadline is September for this Oct board
The most recent official board schedule
is still on there has having a 24 Jun 22 deadline. So it's already passed the deadline but it hasn't been removed from the schedule yet.

BDavis11

Contributor
The most recent official board schedule
is still on there has having a 24 Jun 22 deadline. So it's already passed the deadline but it hasn't been removed from the schedule yet.
Lol right. So you can’t push for a deadline that has already come and gone.

Lol right. So you can’t push for a deadline that has already come and gone.
Well I made my original comment without knowing what the deadline was, I just knew that the August board was still on there cause I looked on June 6th when it was released. But even if you can't still "push" for the deadline, if your package was submitted before the deadline on there, there's still a small chance the board can happen and your package is seen.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Well I made my original comment without knowing what the deadline was, I just knew that the August board was still on there cause I looked on June 6th when it was released. But even if you can't still "push" for the deadline, if your package was submitted before the deadline on there, there's still a small chance the board can happen and your package is seen.
When word started getting around that it was cancelled, my OR and others hadn’t heard a thing about it. Fast forward a week or so after and he finally gave me a call, said that the cancellation was sent out via email to his boss who never got around to letting him know. Definitely not the normal way of them cancelling a board but who knows ?

BDavis11

Contributor
I got ya. I was just saying you can’t “push to get your application in” (your words) when it is already past the original deadline for the board. Those folks already submitted before the talks of the cancellation happening and one other person still submitted that last week as well. It will just be really interesting to see if the board tell did get canceled with the board still on the schedule or if all those folks got pushed with those hopes of it not actually being cancelled. I have my popcorn ready

I got ya. I was just saying you can’t “push to get your application in” (your words) when it is already past the original deadline for the board. Those folks already submitted before the talks of the cancellation happening and one other person still submitted that last week as well. It will just be really interesting to see if the board tell did get canceled with the board still on the schedule or if all those folks got pushed with those hopes of it not actually being cancelled. I have my popcorn ready
Yeah I understand what you mean. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't trying to be snarky. Apologies if my last comment came across that way.

BDavis11

Contributor
Yeah I understand what you mean. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't trying to be snarky. Apologies if my last comment came across that way.
All good brotha! We both were just clarifying. Do you still not have an OCS date yet?