• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Anyone else getting called about their secret clearance meeting now? I have my interview monday. It feels early for it considering the board is in October and I haven't even been selected yet. Could this be an indicator that the August board truly ISN'T cancelled? Dunno, getting my hopes up for no reason probably.

The security clearance and board process/schedule are two different entities.

All aviation applicants must have an open security clearance investigation (i.e. the clearance process has started) in order to be on the board.

WorldWar33.3

My instructor who got me my instrument rating is off to the airlines…tonight is his farewell bar crawl. So as I sit here scrolling Air warriors with a cold beer in hand, curious as to what kinda beer y’all prefer ?
All of the ones with alcohol. Except for IPAs.

exNavyOffRec

So if the Aug board doesn’t get removed from the schedule this week, is it happening?
The don't update the schedule after every change so it will probably reflect when they get the chance to update, it is close to them putting out a schedule going out for the next 12 months or so.

It might reflect in the dashboard now @RhodesReese might be able to let you know.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Has anyone been PDQ at MEPS then resubmitted additional docs and been cleared? I got PDQ (Lasik and childhood asthma and other). Then submitted all the docs and as of yesterday MEPS sent it to N3M to get my aviation approval letter. Anyone gone through this?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Has anyone been PDQ at MEPS then resubmitted additional docs and been cleared? I got PDQ (Lasik and childhood asthma and other). Then submitted all the docs and as of yesterday MEPS sent it to N3M to get my aviation approval letter. Anyone gone through this?

MEPS and Navy have two different standards. You can be Dq’d by MEPS but still receive an approved waiver by Navy.

BDavis11

Contributor
Imagine if we get slapped with an at board out of nowhere, that’d be incredible
That would be interesting. Otherwise this next board will de deep. But it would make sense looking at the last board results

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
So I'm guessing this board will be more competitive than recent boards due to all of the would-be August applicants being pushed to this one, right? Same number of SNA/SNFO slots to give out combined with more applicants to pick from?

Or are they pooling the August quota into October's, making the selection goal twice as much resulting in a greater chance of being selected?

Edit: This is assuming the rumors are true and the August board really is cancelled.
At one point they closed May applications and pushed them to august because so many had applied. Then some of those who were told they got pushed actually ended up on the May board still. Will be very interesting to see what happens!