• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FTFF

I did as well. I’ve looked through a few of the other forums pages for past SWO selections and, bar a couple of anomalies, it seems the average hovers around ~250-300 applicants. I could be wrong, though.

Dbaskin

If 142 applicants is low, does that lead to a higher PROREC-Y percentage? No effect? A call for more SWO recruiting efforts? Does SWO community manning need attention?

Luckily we won’t have to wait much longer to find out.

Crockerkio

If 142 applicants is low, does that lead to a higher PROREC-Y percentage? No effect? A call for more SWO recruiting efforts? Does SWO community manning need attention?

Guessing on the week or day we may find out?

exNavyOffRec

It doesn't necessarily, the past several SWO boards have not used all the spots they could fill.

FTFF

It doesn't necessarily, the past several SWO boards have not used all the spots they could fill.
Do you have any idea how many spots they still have to fill for FY23? Or for this board specifically? If I remember correctly this is the second to last Proboard for SWO for FY23 and I’m wondering if they may be trying to fill spots up before the fiscal year selections end.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do you have any idea how many spots they still have to fill for FY23? Or for this board specifically? If I remember correctly this is the second to last Proboard for SWO for FY23 and I’m wondering if they may be trying to fill spots up before the fiscal year selections end.

Those numbers are never announced

exNavyOffRec

There are probably 2 more board to fill FY 23 and there are many factors in play. They work back to account for attrition as there will be attrition before OCS, during OCS, and after OCS. If they need 100 of X to be sent to OCS NRC will select about 150 and that will allow for attrition before OCS, and any extras that NRC has will be sent in the next FY.

So you see if a board has 200 spots to fill but only fills 150 they are probably still going to be OK for getting the number they need to OCS.