• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28 August 2023 SWO Board

FTFF

To my understanding that means your waiver was nominally approved otherwise it wouldn’t be at board, but all final decisions are at the discretion of the board regardless of that fact

devodians

Hey guys! I applied too.
GPA: 3.2 for B.S in Biology.
OAR: 66

Quick question. The only waiver I needed was an age waiver but how do we know if it was accepted? I see you guys all mentioning receiving an email or something saying your waiver was approved but I didn’t receive anything like that. All I got was a text from my recruiter saying my application was confirmed to be at the boards for the 28th of August selection. Now I’m stressing because there was no mention of a waiver being approved or denied.

I'm 31 and have an age waiver too. My recruiter told me that all packets are going before the board regardless, and if you're selected, they will automatically approve your waiver.

bee1989

Hey guys! I applied too.
GPA: 3.2 for B.S in Biology.
OAR: 66

Quick question. The only waiver I needed was an age waiver but how do we know if it was accepted? I see you guys all mentioning receiving an email or something saying your waiver was approved but I didn’t receive anything like that. All I got was a text from my recruiter saying my application was confirmed to be at the boards for the 28th of August selection. Now I’m stressing because there was no mention of a waiver being approved or denied.
I will DM you my personal experience but I’m on the road. But I oils reach out to Paul now and see if it made it to the board.

PNWrecruit

I will DM you my personal experience but I’m on the road. But I oils reach out to Paul now and see if it made it to the board.
Thanks. I’m not sure who Paul is but my recruiter confirmed it was at the board so I guess we will see once they make their selections.

PNWrecruit

I'm 31 and have an age waiver too. My recruiter told me that all packets are going before the board regardless, and if you're selected, they will automatically approve your waiver.
That’s what I was thinking as well but was just curious. I figured it wouldn’t have even made it to the boards if the waiver wasn’t noted or, at minimum, conditionally approved.

bee1989

Thanks. I’m not sure who Paul is but my recruiter confirmed it was at the board so I guess we will see once they make their selections.
Those recruiters are good at what they do especially on the officer side of the house, so if they are telling you it’s at the board then 9/10 it probably is.

exNavyOffRec

I agree, When I talked to Mr. Celestin a few weeks ago he said at the two week mark the SWO Community Managers have a pre-board to decide which waivers they will accept for the upcoming board. At exactly the two week mark I got a letter in my email saying it was approved. I am sure they already racked and stacked the best and good quality candidates.
If it just one waiver it is just approved by CNRC so the SWO guys won't see it until the board. Even then I can't remember in recent times when a waiver was denied prior to board. It is essentially automatic, so that makes me wonder if they just get together so they can have lunch and tell stories LOL.

c. Approval Authority: Any single waiver may be adjudicated by CNRC up to the limits
below. As mentioned above, if more than one waiver is required, if still recommended for
approval, the request must be forwarded to BUPERS-31 for consideration.

Maddyr0se

Hi, this is my second time applying for SWO
GPA: 3.4 Psychology
OAR: 47
Prior: No
3 LOR’s
Extra: Minor in Japanese

Maddyr0se

With a 3.4, I'm surprised you didn't get picked up. When did you apply before?
The Nov 7th 2022 board was when it convened and I got my results on Dec 7th, but also I heard from my recruiter that they didn’t send in my LOR’s with it so that may be why. My package was between a retiring recruiter and the new person who took his place so there may have been some miscommunication I guess. Also my OAR score was a 43 back then.

devodians

Will it affect the chances of picking up if you put SWO as your third choice?
On Reddit, some people are theorizing that the board gives preference to people who put SWO as their first choice. People with decent GPA's and OAR score weren't picked up, while some with lower stats were. It's Reddit, so take it with a grain of salt.

devodians

That’s what I was thinking as well but was just curious. I figured it wouldn’t have even made it to the boards if the waiver wasn’t noted or, at minimum, conditionally approved.
Btw, 66 on the OAR! Did you put in a packet for anything else?

exNavyOffRec

On Reddit, some people are theorizing that the board gives preference to people who put SWO as their first choice. People with decent GPA's and OAR score weren't picked up, while some with lower stats were. It's Reddit, so take it with a grain of salt.
That used to be what they did, especially when they had lots of applicants and fewer spots. I have seen it swing from people getting picked up who had SWO 3rd, to only those getting picked up who put SWO 1st, and now just by looking around you are seeing people picked up that put SWO 1st and 2nd, maybe 3rd?