• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28 August 2023 SWO Board

FTFF

So I wanted to share what my recruiter just told me. He was told that results for the SWO board should be out the week of 9/5, and that selects from this board could have an OCS class date for as early as 9/14. It could be a very busy September for some of us here.

There's no way I'd be able to ship on 9/14 though, if I'm selected. I wonder how flexible they'd be with OCS dates.
I know this is probably an inaccurate prediction but I really hope your recruiter is right

exNavyOffRec

I also applied for this board
Undergrad GPA: 3.2 Grad GPA: 3.75
DEGREE: MA in History
OAR: 47
WAIVERS: Eczema and one for a mental health problem four years ago
Extracurriculars: Cross Country and Track. I also served on the Student Athletic Advisory Committee.
Those are medical waivers and don't count as the board doesn't see those.

devodians

I know this is probably an inaccurate prediction but I really hope your recruiter is right
I can't remember who he said told him this. Regional something, Command something.

I'm willing to bet that they've already made a decision with us. Doing the paperwork and figuring out class dates is what takes a long time.

bee1989

I can't remember who he said told him this. Regional something, Command something.

I'm willing to bet that they've already made a decision with us. Doing the paperwork and figuring out class dates is what takes a long time.
I agree, When I talked to Mr. Celestin a few weeks ago he said at the two week mark the SWO Community Managers have a pre-board to decide which waivers they will accept for the upcoming board. At exactly the two week mark I got a letter in my email saying it was approved. I am sure they already racked and stacked the best and good quality candidates.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I agree, When I talked to Mr. Celestin a few weeks ago he said at the two week mark the SWO Community Managers have a pre-board to decide which waivers they will accept for the upcoming board. At exactly the two week mark I got a letter in my email saying it was approved. I am sure they already racked and stacked the best and good quality candidates.

Not all applicants require waivers.

bee1989

That’d be great! My recruiter was saying expect October
So I wanted to share what my recruiter just told me. He was told that results for the SWO board should be out the week of 9/5, and that selects from this board could have an OCS class date for as early as 9/14. It could be a very busy September for some of us here.

There's no way I'd be able to ship on 9/14 though, if I'm selected. I wonder how flexible they'd be with OCS dates.
I really hope it does come out this week, I have had my packet submitted since mid-June, this wait game is crazy lol.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am aware of this. I was simply trying to conveying that for those requiring waivers when Paul said at the two week mark they look at those with waivers to approve or deny them, mine was approved at exactly the two week mark.

Sorry. I meant to say I don't think the SWO board pre-ranks candidates until the actual board convenes.

PNWrecruit

Hey guys! I applied too.
GPA: 3.2 for B.S in Biology.
OAR: 66

Quick question. The only waiver I needed was an age waiver but how do we know if it was accepted? I see you guys all mentioning receiving an email or something saying your waiver was approved but I didn’t receive anything like that. All I got was a text from my recruiter saying my application was confirmed to be at the boards for the 28th of August selection. Now I’m stressing because there was no mention of a waiver being approved or denied.