• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28 August 2023 SWO Board

devodians

So I wanted to share what my recruiter just told me. He was told that results for the SWO board should be out the week of 9/5, and that selects from this board could have an OCS class date for as early as 9/14. It could be a very busy September for some of us here.

There's no way I'd be able to ship on 9/14 though, if I'm selected. I wonder how flexible they'd be with OCS dates.

exNavyOffRec

So I wanted to share what my recruiter just told me. He was told that results for the SWO board should be out the week of 9/5, and that selects from this board could have an OCS class date for as early as 9/14. It could be a very busy September for some of us here.

There's no way I'd be able to ship on 9/14 though, if I'm selected. I wonder how flexible they'd be with OCS dates.
Your recruiter is just speculating, he doesn't know if the board met on time, doesn't know the workload of the processors, doesn't know how many spots are set aside for SWO's in the next few classes.

Yes sometimes results can be back in a week, but they can also be back in 6 weeks, there is a reason Paul gives a standard answer of 2-12 weeks, and that is because of the reasons I listed above.

It is also unrealistic for people to leave that fast for a variety of other reasons.

Your recruiter is just speculating, he doesn't know if the board met on time, doesn't know the workload of the processors, doesn't know how many spots are set aside for SWO's in the next few classes.

Yes sometimes results can be back in a week, but they can also be back in 6 weeks, there is a reason Paul gives a standard answer of 2-12 weeks, and that is because of the reasons I listed above.

It is also unrealistic for people to leave that fast for a variety of other reasons.
My recruiter said we'd hear exactly a month from when the board meets. I still would think there would be a good turn around rate but not THAT great.

Hi, I applied! Submitted my packet in early June.

Degree: Political Science and Minor in International Studies

GPA: 2.8

OAR: 44

Extracurriculars:
Prior to college: 6 years of cheerleading (school, all-star, and competition team for school), wrestling manager, and trainer.
During undergrad: Chaplin and heavily active member of Gamma Phi Beta (Epsilon Lamba Chapter), 3 years of rowing while serving as head of funds and secretary, 4 years working for College Republicans Federation of Alabama while serving as head of fundraising, director of PR, and Chief of Staff. Held two internships; one in a company working with political fundraising while the other was with a college ministry. I worked part-time at a local gym and volunteered for a US Senate campaign. Currently working as a cheerleading coach

Waivers: none

LORS: SOC, Admiral, a US Senate, and O-6 SWO

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said we'd hear exactly a month from when the board meets. I still would think there would be a good turn around rate but not THAT great.
100% pure speculation, I saw board results the same week the board met and also several weeks after, unless the person giving the info is a board member they really don't know. In the end it doesn't change the result.

devodians

100% pure speculation, I saw board results the same week the board met and also several weeks after, unless the person giving the info is a board member they really don't know. In the end it doesn't change the result.
Out of curiosity, what was the craziest reaction you got when you broke the news to an applicant (accepted or not)?

exNavyOffRec

Out of curiosity, what was the craziest reaction you got when you broke the news to an applicant (accepted or not)?
I can't think of any that were really odd, I kept in contact with my applicants all the time, they knew where they stood compared to who was selected in the past, and as such they had an idea how things should turn out.