• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

NCCGT

He literally can't resubmit an application unfortunately. He can apply to other designators though.
I saw a DNR for DUI waiver on the last aviation board as well. I haven’t seen it on the last SWO board or IWC board. I wonder if this will be rolled out to other designators soon or if it’s an aviation push currently.

exNavyOffRec

I had a waiver for DUI when I was 18. It isn't even on my record but I was just honest with my background check stuff. So even though it was a long time ago, I guess they don't care even though thats not who I am anymore. So its just frustrating still.

Better to be up front as even though you don't see it, the arrest will pop when the background check is done, that could have resulted in going from Pro Y to Pro N.

AirBlair

Better to be up front as even though you don't see it, the arrest will pop when the background check is done, that could have resulted in going from Pro Y to Pro N.
Yeah that's true. I always want to be honest no matter what. Can't change that past though so just have to keep on truckin forward.

Rich Kuya

First off, I just wanted to say thank you guys for being so helpful these past couple months as we waited!

I have some more updates on my end of the situation and I hope it can help those still waiting for their recruiters:

I just met with my recruiter today and he explained to me how the PRIDE system works. According to him, my info still says "in session." My package DID in fact make it to the board and everything was squared away (I was worried it did not make it through again.) He said that there were applicants who received OCS dates through the system and that is how he was finding out who made it even though we all are still "in session." Apparantly, a list was sent out last week in my NRD that had names of all of those accepted through our district. Since my name was not on that list, he said I was a Pro Rec N.

Good news is that he said I do not have to wait 6 months or whatever to reapply. He said that only happens for boards that are "non rolling" or if you have a major medical procedure done (not sure what non-rolling means.) I'm going to study up and improve my ASTB scores for a better shot. I'm looking to get into this next board.

I'm going to be digging around this forum and looking for some good materials to study. If you have any personal recommendations, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be heading over to the ASTB section of this website ONCE more :D

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN TO ALL OF THOSE WHO WERE SELECTED!!!

nalderman97

First off, I just wanted to say thank you guys for being so helpful these past couple months as we waited!

I have some more updates on my end of the situation and I hope it can help those still waiting for their recruiters:

I just met with my recruiter today and he explained to me how the PRIDE system works. According to him, my info still says "in session." My package DID in fact make it to the board and everything was squared away (I was worried it did not make it through again.) He said that there were applicants who received OCS dates through the system and that is how he was finding out who made it even though we all are still "in session." Apparantly, a list was sent out last week in my NRD that had names of all of those accepted through our district. Since my name was not on that list, he said I was a Pro Rec N.

Good news is that he said I do not have to wait 6 months or whatever to reapply. He said that only happens for boards that are "non rolling" or if you have a major medical procedure done (not sure what non-rolling means.) I'm going to study up and improve my ASTB scores for a better shot. I'm looking to get into this next board.

I'm going to be digging around this forum and looking for some good materials to study. If you have any personal recommendations, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be heading over to the ASTB section of this website ONCE more :D

I used the Barons and I also used this link a lot
There's a lot of practice tests and study guides. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Zoomangler67

Stay encouraged brotha!

Thanos

Keep trucking, man! You got this and I’m rooting for you! Dallasites stick together! :D

exNavyOffRec

If the board has a due date and a board meeting date it isn't a rolling board, I don't think any boards are rolling boards anymore. The 6 month policy is in place to prevent people from applying over and over again, if you apply and they catch that you haven't waited 6 months they will kick it back unless there has been a change, such as ASTB or education.

Medical wouldn't play into applying again at all as the board is a professional board, looking at your professional background.

What your recruiter told you makes me doubt his competence.