• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 Nov 2022 OCS Class

Doback

Hhaha great meme what Nami whammy post? Link?

GoldLeaf

oh I did see that. Was a strange one for sure. Think it was a pretty cut and dry failed PFT. ??‍♂️

Doback

oh I did see that. Was a strange one for sure. Think it was a pretty cut and dry failed PFT. ??‍♂️
Ya tough go for that guy, luckily don’t have any prior asthma or anything like that myself, agree with the shrug emoji

parthvader

unloadingforknots
According to the result list, I am class 06-23 but my recruiter told me I don’t have a date yet. He even told me to expect June of 23. I kind of think he is reading the the list wrong and confusing my class (06-23) for the class date.
My recruiter told me the exact same thing. If it is really that long, I might have to pick up a instructor job to stay Proficient on my stick and rudder skills. Wasn’t planning on the wait to be this long after I graduated and don’t like instructing much. But flying out of pocket is getting expensive.

GoldLeaf

My recruiter told me the exact same thing. If it is really that long, I might have to pick up a instructor job to stay Proficient on my stick and rudder skills. Wasn’t planning on the wait to be this long after I graduated and don’t like instructing much. But flying out of pocket is getting expensive.
I wouldn't worry too much on that part, I'd focus mostly on preparing physically, and studying bravo. I just got my first letter back from my buddy at OCS right now and he said to know bravo Verbatim before showing up. Otherwise you're gonna struggle. Also, he said to run regularly inside/ and outside not just on a treadmill and do mostly HIIT workouts that get your heartrate up. Aside from that if you have flight experience prior to NIFE / Primary I'd say it's a bonus, however they are gonna train us to fly the Navy way. Therefore, going in with a blank mindset about your prior knowledge flying civilian and ready to learn THEIR WAY is key.

Remember gotta get through OCS to even get into a plane :)

Tumbleweed33

I wouldn't worry too much on that part, I'd focus mostly on preparing physically, and studying bravo. I just got my first letter back from my buddy at OCS right now and he said to know bravo Verbatim before showing up. Otherwise you're gonna struggle. Also, he said to run regularly inside/ and outside not just on a treadmill and do mostly HIIT workouts that get your heartrate up. Aside from that if you have flight experience prior to NIFE / Primary I'd say it's a bonus, however they are gonna train us to fly the Navy way. Therefore, going in with a blank mindset about your prior knowledge flying civilian and ready to learn THEIR WAY is key.

Remember gotta get through OCS to even get into a plane :)
I spoke to someone who graduated OCS last week. He said they are putting all SNAs on a 3 month OHARP before even entering the student pool in Pensacola at the moment. His OCS advice is in line with what your friend said. HIIT, pushups, V-ups, and running

GoldLeaf

I spoke to someone who graduated OCS last week. He said they are putting all SNAs on a 3 month OHARP before even entering the student pool in Pensacola at the moment. His OCS advice is in line with what your friend said. HIIT, pushups, V-ups, and running
yeeepppp he mentioned them holding SNAs but not sure what OHARP means he did mention staying there or coming back to my town to help the local recruiting office for 3 months ??

Grizzly18

Hey everyone, learned I got picked up for a pilot slot on December 4 of 2021, but my recruiter didn't know when my class date was. Just talked to her yesterday and found out I'm going to be in this class so I thought I would join the thread. A little about me: I spent my first two years of college in NROTC but didn't get the scholarship so I couldn't continue with the program. However it was very nice to gain experience in drill, wearing uniforms, customs and courtesies, and learning about general naval knowledge and history. After NROTC I went through meps and enlisted as an AO to make my officer package look better and spent about 6 months in DEP before I finally heard back on my application. Now I'm in the COP for the Pacific Northwest. Anyway, I look forward to talking to you all and becoming part of the community that will be taking part in class 7-23, a nice vacation in the dead of Rhode Island winter. ?

GoldLeaf

Hey everyone, learned I got picked up for a pilot slot on December 4 of 2021, but my recruiter didn't know when my class date was. Just talked to her yesterday and found out I'm going to be in this class so I thought I would join the thread. A little about me: I spent my first two years of college in NROTC but didn't get the scholarship so I couldn't continue with the program. However it was very nice to gain experience in drill, wearing uniforms, customs and courtesies, and learning about general naval knowledge and history. After NROTC I went through meps and enlisted as an AO to make my officer package look better and spent about 6 months in DEP before I finally heard back on my application. Now I'm in the COP for the Pacific Northwest. Anyway, I look forward to talking to you all and becoming part of the community that will be taking part in class 7-23, a nice vacation in the dead of Rhode Island winter. ?
Great to have you conrad :)

WannaFlyHigh

Couldn't find a group for the Oct 16, 2022 (05-23) class on AW. Anyone know if that class has a thread or group chat already?

GoldLeaf

Couldn't find a group for the Oct 16, 2022 (05-23) class on AW. Anyone know if that class has a thread or group chat already?
Not sure if they have one. Make sure you check facebook or post in the August 21' SNA/SNFO Board forum to see if anyone has made a group/ groupme