• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 Nov 2022 OCS Class

GoldLeaf

Thanks for making this! Idk about y'all but I am so relieved that the wait is finally over.
Agreed! Just a FYI, I have a friend that will be at OCS 2 Jan 2022. We will be trying to create a gouge to prep. I have one currently and will make a rework of it in the upcoming weeks. Also, once he graduates I’ll get with him on what to expect, and do and do nots.

PSA:

We have a lot of time. Stay healthy. Stay out of trouble. Show up healthy and physically ready. Study Appendix B & C.
If you aren’t already running, you’re behind.

ccrutchfield

That's dope man! I got a buddy about to graduate and one in right now. They both shared with me that the first couple of weeks are pain but you just have to get through it. That and the academics aren't hard...he is also an ME grad though but as long as you put in the time and effort it won't be too bad.

I wish I could do some performance running but I'm working twelves for the next 80 something days on a 300ft tanker...get a lot of stairs in though haha! We should start doing profiles and such so we get to know each other too! Maybe I am looking at it or thinking about it wrong but it looks like our class is mostly going to be SNA's from the look of the board results? I'm not sure how OCS class groups are structures...do they try to keep all designators in the same class so they get to know each other before NIFE and etc?

GoldLeaf

That's dope man! I got a buddy about to graduate and one in right now. They both shared with me that the first couple of weeks are pain but you just have to get through it. That and the academics aren't hard...he is also an ME grad though but as long as you put in the time and effort it won't be too bad.

I wish I could do some performance running but I'm working twelves for the next 80 something days on a 300ft tanker...get a lot of stairs in though haha! We should start doing profiles and such so we get to know each other too! Maybe I am looking at it or thinking about it wrong but it looks like our class is mostly going to be SNA's from the look of the board results? I'm not sure how OCS class groups are structures...do they try to keep all designators in the same class so they get to know each other before NIFE and etc?
I think it's a mix, my buddy going in January is Supply Corps and they have alot of SNA, and a few other designators as well. That's also what I've heard embrace the suck for the first 3-4 weeks, don't take anything personal because they will yell whether you do well or not.

Adam80

I watched some videos of OCS on YouTube. There’s one where the drill instructor is ordering them to eat one bite at a time in front of all their visiting families, who are all thoroughly entertained and taking lots of pictures. I’m beginning to realize that I actually don’t know as much about OCS as I thought I did.

Anyways, real excited to meet y’all and accomplish some extraordinary achievements together.

my pt numbers are above minimums, but something tells me that workouts in the middle of a Rhode Island winter are gonna be something special.

GoldLeaf

I watched some videos of OCS on YouTube. There’s one where the drill instructor is ordering them to eat one bite at a time in front of all their visiting families, who are all thoroughly entertained and taking lots of pictures. I’m beginning to realize that I actually don’t know as much about OCS as I thought I did.

Anyways, real excited to meet y’all and accomplish some extraordinary achievements together.

my pt numbers are above minimums, but something tells me that workouts in the middle of a Rhode Island winter are gonna be something special.
From what I’ve heard and different individuals who have been during winter. They typically take weather into consideration with wether or not you PT indoors or outside.

Likewise, excited to meet y’all as well. If anyone wants me to share my google drive running program I’d be happy to.

Also, I’d explore what shoes you’re gonna bring to OCS for PT. I just got Brooks Glycerin 19s and put Caterpy shoe laces on them. Best running shoes I’ve ever had.

Adam80

that link from the Nov1 thread recommended these:

I like the idea of having something that is somewhat water resistant as well. The post mentioned all the slush and puddles they had to march around in.

Also, I'd be down to see how you are training. I've been running the 1.5 a few times a week to stay on top of my time, as well as regular planks and pushups. Other than that, various other cardio and weights. Before we ship I will get my legs worked on to get everything nice and loose. I am very determined not to get dropped because of a silly injury.

Tumbleweed33

that link from the Nov1 thread recommended these:

I like the idea of having something that is somewhat water resistant as well. The post mentioned all the slush and puddles they had to march around in.

Also, I'd be down to see how you are training. I've been running the 1.5 a few times a week to stay on top of my time, as well as regular planks and pushups. Other than that, various other cardio and weights. Before we ship I will get my legs worked on to get everything nice and loose. I am very determined not to get dropped because of a silly injury.
I'm curious if waterproofing some running shoes with spray or wax would be helpful. I might try this out and let yall know how it goes

GoldLeaf

I'm curious if waterproofing some running shoes with spray or wax would be helpful. I might try this out and let yall know how it goes
My buddy leaving for OCS this sunday (Supply Corps) said he is and was told to bring the waterproofing spray by previous Ensigns.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
From what I’ve heard and different individuals who have been during winter. They typically take weather into consideration with wether or not you PT indoors or outside.
I just graduated (Dec 3rd), and if the real feel temp is higher than 20.1 as of tge night prior, you will pt outside. We monitored the in PFA outside at 19 degrees. The wind is brutal especially when you're doing core hitt and not moving around very much.

Here is what I sent to my class with the MC rank recognition: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1pv_D9rc-tEO94HhuqSISjBhxK04KjRpv

Good luck everyone

GoldLeaf

I just graduated (Dec 3rd), and if the real feel temp is higher than 20.1 as of tge night prior, you will pt outside. We monitored the in PFA outside at 19 degrees. The wind is brutal especially when you're doing core hitt and not moving around very much.

Here is what I sent to my class with the MC rank recognition: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1pv_D9rc-tEO94HhuqSISjBhxK04KjRpv

Good luck everyone
Clutch! Any words of wisdom or spoilers you can provide (without breaking tradition) are much appreciated! Especially for Indoc Phase!

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Do v-ups, running planks/mountain climbers, and have a positive mental attitude. Just know that someone fatter, dumber, and slower than you has made it through the program. Your chiefs are trying to mold you into a leader they and their sailors will follow and your class Os are grooming you for their wardroom. The DIs are there to instill discipline... let them change you for the better.

ETA: Pretty much everything you need is in the folder though.