• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 Nov 2022 OCS Class

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
No worries. In my drive link I have a few videos that I made (but didn't have the ability to add to the other folders) covering MC rank families that may be useful. Looking through the check in thing, don't check into King hall, it will be Nimitz (1356 Meyerkord). There should be SOCs and Candios outside directing you. ODS checks into King Hall.

GoldLeaf

No worries. In my drive link I have a few videos that I made (but didn't have the ability to add to the other folders) covering MC rank families that may be useful. Looking through the check in thing, don't check into King hall, it will be Nimitz (1356 Meyerkord). There should be SOCs and Candios outside directing you. ODS checks into King Hall.
I've started watching your videos a little. They are clutch! Thank you so much!

GoldLeaf

NP, I made them because I didn't understand navy ranks until rank families were broken down for me. You may not have any (former) Marines in your class that can break it down for yall.
How long did you wait from selection until you shipped?
I'm civilian picked up for a SNA slot and mine is Dec 3rd 21' was selection. OCS Date is Nov 27 22'

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
How long did you wait from selection until you shipped?
I'm civilian picked up for a SNA slot and mine is Dec 3rd 21' was selection. OCS Date is Nov 27 22'
Selected April of 21, OCS Sep 5th. I was in a different situation coming straight from the MC. My interservice transfer expired Sep 28th.

Adam80

Hey guys,

Been scouring around for traditional aviator career timelines. Depending on your platform, you can expect a 3 year ‘sea tour’ which consists of a single deployment lasting 6-12 months.

Then you will likely serve a “shore tour’, also lasting about 3 years. During the shore tour, you will not deploy on a boat but there are still times when you travel.

what comes next? Those two tours add up to 6 years, so of an 8 year commitment what do aviators generally find themselves doing the last 2 years of their initial commitment?

Also, I was surprised that aviators may be on the boat only 6-12 months in the first 6 years of their commitment. Am I understanding that correctly?

You guys are pretty knowledge about the Navy so I am curious about y’all’s thoughts on this. Hope the training is going well.

GoldLeaf

Hey guys,

Been scouring around for traditional aviator career timelines. Depending on your platform, you can expect a 3 year ‘sea tour’ which consists of a single deployment lasting 6-12 months.

Then you will likely serve a “shore tour’, also lasting about 3 years. During the shore tour, you will not deploy on a boat but there are still times when you travel.

what comes next? Those two tours add up to 6 years, so of an 8 year commitment what do aviators generally find themselves doing the last 2 years of their initial commitment?

Also, I was surprised that aviators may be on the boat only 6-12 months in the first 6 years of their commitment. Am I understanding that correctly?

You guys are pretty knowledge about the Navy so I am curious about y’all’s thoughts on this. Hope the training is going well.
Most of us in this group are not even in OCS yet, I'd recommend checking the other threads with people post OCS and beyond. Maybe @Michael_J_Caboose can point you in the right direction. Best of Luck and also very interesting information! Either way super exciting either way. FLY NAVY!

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
This can vary, we had several class Os that were pilots at that 6 to 8 year mark. Some are getting out after their tour at OcS, others are going back out to the fleet. I can help with the OCS stuff, but beyond that, I'm still learning what is in store for my designator lol

ccrutchfield

Random question...have any of you guys received confirmation from your recruiter that this is your OCS date? My process might be slower but I wanted to see how things are going for y'all?