• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 Nov 2022 OCS Class

bcal

Random question...have any of you guys received confirmation from your recruiter that this is your OCS date? My process might be slower but I wanted to see how things are going for y'all?
According to the result list, I am class 06-23 but my recruiter told me I don’t have a date yet. He even told me to expect June of 23. I kind of think he is reading the the list wrong and confusing my class (06-23) for the class date.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
According to the result list, I am class 06-23 but my recruiter told me I don’t have a date yet. He even told me to expect June of 23. I kind of think he is reading the the list wrong and confusing my class (06-23) for the class date.
Honestly, this far out, things can change. My first hatchmate was slated for the November 6th class (as a SWO) and they moved him up to 5 Sep.i found out a little over a month out that I was moved from 02-22 to 03.

Doback

I had the same experience with mine

ccrutchfield

Honestly, this far out, things can change. My first hatchmate was slated for the November 6th class (as a SWO) and they moved him up to 5 Sep.i found out a little over a month out that I was moved from 02-22 to 03.
Ahh, love it haha. I'll probably email/text my recruiter a couple of times to see what's up. I mainly ask because I'm out on a merchant ship and I have to schedule the prt with him but I'd like to know how much time I have. When I get home I want to exercise more and get into some workouts I can't do on the ship...not trying to fail the first test lol. Sounds like it's just a guessing game for now though. Are they able to pull up our classes on an app or some navy doc somewhere? I know our 01Nov thread had some docs but my recruiter doesn't seem to look at the same stuff

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Names will be entered into cantrac, but I'm not sure how far out they start adding names. My class didn't fill up until 2 weeks out and we had (at least) 3 people that found out they were selected at the end of july/early august that were placed in our class. Some people didn't even run PRTs prior to showing up.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
If your class has a recruiter or training chief (not sure what the Navy calls them yet), they may have access.we had 2 in our class. 1 was a ROM roll and he confirmed my class date before my recruiter did.

GoldLeaf

@Michael_J_Caboose how noticeable was it, comparatively speaking, of those that showed up in shape and prepared vs those that didn’t?

Any good / funny stories you can share of people getting smoked etc?

ccrutchfield

If your class has a recruiter or training chief (not sure what the Navy calls them yet), they may have access.we had 2 in our class. 1 was a ROM roll and he confirmed my class date before my recruiter did.`
Sounds fun, seems like something I shouldn't unnecessarily stress about then.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Honestly you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a lineup. One person was in fantastic shape (almost maxed out) and didn't take one, others took a PRT prior to shipping and were rolled for failing the IST twice. Just work your butt off because you will score lower than normal.

Also keep in mind, someone fatter, dumber, and slower than you has made it through lol.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Sounds fun, seems like something I shouldn't unnecessarily stress about then.
Try to get it done because by the time you go there may be something in place, but as of November (when I was helping check people in) there wasn't. Also, it just has to be an ACFL, so depending on how far you are from your recruiter, you may be able to run it elsewhere. I lived 4-5 hours (one way) from my recruiter but I was an active Marine surrounded by Corpsman. A buddy knew an ACFL and I was able to run it at Lejeune.

ccrutchfield

Try to get it done because by the time you go there may be something in place, but as of November (when I was helping check people in) there wasn't. Also, it just has to be an ACFL, so depending on how far you are from your recruiter, you may be able to run it elsewhere. I lived 4-5 hours (one way) from my recruiter but I was an active Marine surrounded by Corpsman. A buddy knew an ACFL and I was able to run it at Lejeune.
Yeah, that's the plan. I just need to make it back to the states and get off this ship first haha! Glad that there are options available to me though and thanks for the insight!

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Any good / funny stories you can share of people getting smoked etc?
We had two guys in my class with the same name. They called for person A but person B (my hatchmate) reported to the class team. About 3 minutes into getting RPTd they kept asking him why he did what he did. He kept saying he didn't know but was a real good sport. Finally they asked his name and he told them his first name. They stopped and our chief said that if my hatchmate was ever RPTd again, Chief would push with him. After our motorun our chief pushed with him and several people jumped in as well. It was pretty cool.

I was told to do running planks during RLP. I heard run in place, so I hopped up from pushups and started jogging in place. Chief yelled it again, so I started going faster. Finally he told me to get down and Rrr...uuu...nnn..iii..nn..gg planks. In my head I was like, yeah that makes sense, I'm a dummy.

Some DIs will put you in stealth mode where you whisper scream, and they say open your fat mouth. I was used to it coming from the MC, but it makes candidates giggle.

GoldLeaf

We had two guys in my class with the same name. They called for person A but person B (my hatchmate) reported to the class team. About 3 minutes into getting RPTd they kept asking him why he did what he did. He kept saying he didn't know but was a real good sport. Finally they asked his name and he told them his first name. They stopped and our chief said that if my hatchmate was ever RPTd again, Chief would push with him. After our motorun our chief pushed with him and several people jumped in as well. It was pretty cool.

I was told to do running planks during RLP. I heard run in place, so I hopped up from pushups and started jogging in place. Chief yelled it again, so I started going faster. Finally he told me to get down and Rrr...uuu...nnn..iii..nn..gg planks. In my head I was like, yeah that makes sense, I'm a dummy.

Some DIs will put you in stealth mode where you whisper scream, and they say open your fat mouth. I was used to it coming from the MC, but it makes candidates giggle.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA atleast they can have a good laugh about it