• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

bntrainer

Greetings everybody. Is there anybody from this board still waiting for FINSEL? From what I’ve seen here on AW, some SNAs from later boards already have FINSELs for August/September OCS dates. I’m pencilled in for Jan 24th (leaving on the 9th) but haven’t received it yet. I’m a bit puzzled.
I'm not penciled in for anything yet! Continuous communication with my recruiter since selection but not even a tentative date unfortunately.

E6BFlightComp

Greetings everyone, current update from a SOC that has technology during the stand-down period.

Things I wish I knew before coming:

The best advice I can give currently is to study Bravo before you get here, study Charlie during the first week of ROM and then focus on Delta. Once you hit JOC phase, Naval History and ENG/WEPS gets thrown at you with no remorse in between sessions of drill. Right after sixth week, you have around two and a half weeks to be ready for OPI and the Watch-O exam, this two weeks goes by really fast. Utilize your time wisely.

If it is the winter bring thermals, this place is cold. Learned that the hard way. Upon the beginning of Indoc phase you are give gift cards for the Uniform Store to buy your uniforms, which equates to around $3500, this does not have to be paid back until you are nearing the end of your stay at OCS. A stipend was awarded totaling $1881 for Uniforms, listed on MyPay.

Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 (crazy how small of a world this place is) OHARP is secured until further notice with a travel time alotted of 4 days to arrive in Pensacola (depending on circumstances, but is typically determined by station to station distance, not previous home to station). Leave that is accumulated during your time at OCS can be used as long as you show up to Pensacola prior to your arrive before date listed on your orders.

If you have any questions and/or want adivce I will answer what I can!

bigbuckslayer89

Greetings everyone, current update from a SOC that has technology during the stand-down period.

Things I wish I knew before coming:

The best advice I can give currently is to study Bravo before you get here, study Charlie during the first week of ROM and then focus on Delta. Once you hit JOC phase, Naval History and ENG/WEPS gets thrown at you with no remorse in between sessions of drill. Right after sixth week, you have around two and a half weeks to be ready for OPI and the Watch-O exam, this two weeks goes by really fast. Utilize your time wisely.

If it is the winter bring thermals, this place is cold. Learned that the hard way. Upon the beginning of Indoc phase you are give gift cards for the Uniform Store to buy your uniforms, which equates to around $3500, this does not have to be paid back until you are nearing the end of your stay at OCS. A stipend was awarded totaling $1881 for Uniforms, listed on MyPay.

Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 (crazy how small of a world this place is) OHARP is secured until further notice with a travel time alotted of 4 days to arrive in Pensacola (depending on circumstances, but is typically determined by station to station distance, not previous home to station). Leave that is accumulated during your time at OCS can be used as long as you show up to Pensacola prior to your arrive before date listed on your orders.

If you have any questions and/or want adivce I will answer what I can!

First of all, thanks for the info!

Are you still in OCS or have you graduated?

To clarify, they give us 4 days to get to Pensacola once we graduate? Do you know if there are any variables that are considered? (Family etc) I am just trying to figure out what to plan on because once I graduate OCS I will have to move my family across the country and 4 days is not enough. Do you think it would be possible for me to go check in at Pensacola and then go back and move my family right after?

E6BFlightComp

First of all, thanks for the info!

Are you still in OCS or have you graduated?

To clarify, they give us 4 days to get to Pensacola once we graduate? Do you know if there are any variables that are considered? (Family etc) I am just trying to figure out what to plan on because once I graduate OCS I will have to move my family across the country and 4 days is not enough. Do you think it would be possible for me to go check in at Pensacola and then go back and move my family right after?

Hey! Still at OCS entering the Senior Officer Candidate phase. This is all gouge, live by it and die by it. But the previous classes have been given a hard 4 days (at least for the ones I have talked to) but they were mostly single males. I'm sure you can talk to the next command or your detailer to give specifics once you're setting up your PCS. Things are subject to change, it is constantly evolving here with COVID procedures and such. And as I mentioned before you have 4 days of travel allotted but can use leave that you have accrued during your time at OCS, as long as you show up before the arrive before date on your orders.

Hope this helps,