• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

FlyCorbitt

SNFO PRO-Y
Any active duty people in here know the process to get their ship dates?....I just got the release from my command approved and my CC said she was going to chose a date of 01Jun2021. Any help?

exNavyOffRec

Any active duty people in here know the process to get their ship dates?....I just got the release from my command approved and my CC said she was going to chose a date of 01Jun2021. Any help?

It is usually an available after date, just because the command can let you go Jun 1st doesn't mean there is a spot for you, were you selected FY 22 or FY 21?

FlyCorbitt

SNFO PRO-Y
FY-22, my Division officer thinks around Oct, I’m just asking for insight. I’m sure I won’t leave in June because the FY is July-July for OCS.

WannaFlyHigh

Did any regular(people who didn't request to ship ASAP) SNA selectees receive any ship dates yet? Im not a part of this board but just curious to see just how long I may be waiting if I make it through the May board.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers
I have a buddy from the board prior to this board (so October board, I think) just got a ship date or July 2021. So they’re finally starting to get into the FY22 folks.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Did any regular(people who didn't request to ship ASAP) SNA selectees receive any ship dates yet? Im not a part of this board but just curious to see just how long I may be waiting if I make it through the May board.
I havent yet, it seems like many of us will have ship dates from OCT-DEC, Per my recruiter. but who knows. just patiently waiting ?

Revitalized

I saw some folks from August still haven't received dates. That doesn't really bode well for us with regards to ship dates, but at least we had a board and know we were selected.

Aviate11

Contributor
Funny Story- two weeks ago on a Friday my recruiter randomly called and asked if I could swear in tomorrow and leave Sunday. I responded... "you mean in 24 hours!?" He said, "unfortunately yes because they need to fill a spot." I said yes, I'll take it. I'm still in the Air Force mind you. They probably were going to be thrilled with the last minute 'cya!.' well I start shuffling to get all my ducks in a row and anxiously research as much as I can. Then two hours later my recruiter calls back and says: "Hey sorry to do this to you but big navy says OCS is backed up with pilots by 150% and they wont let me send you at the moment so I need to pick another designator." Happy I have a second to breathe, but sad I'm not starting training. Praying for July, expecting closer to October... Just grateful for the opportunity!

exNavyOffRec

Funny Story- two weeks ago on a Friday my recruiter randomly called and asked if I could swear in tomorrow and leave Sunday. I responded... "you mean in 24 hours!?" He said, "unfortunately yes because they need to fill a spot." I said yes, I'll take it. I'm still in the Air Force mind you. They probably were going to be thrilled with the last minute 'cya!.' well I start shuffling to get all my ducks in a row and anxiously research as much as I can. Then two hours later my recruiter calls back and says: "Hey sorry to do this to you but big navy says OCS is backed up with pilots by 150% and they wont let me send you at the moment so I need to pick another designator." Happy I have a second to breathe, but sad I'm not starting training. Praying for July, expecting closer to October... Just grateful for the opportunity!
This happened because most recruiters don't understand that you just can't send anyone to OCS, the number of spots depend upon follow on schools, wait times, and who is a priority.

I would also be surprised if the USAF could have out processed you in less than 24 hours.

Aviate11

Contributor
This happened because most recruiters don't understand that you just can't send anyone to OCS, the number of spots depend upon follow on schools, wait times, and who is a priority.

I would also be surprised if the USAF could have out processed you in less than 24 hours.
That’s what I was concerned about. When I transferred from active to reserves the out process procedure was pretty comprehensive but from my understanding is since I have the conditional release form, that kinda gives me all the authority to just transfer at the Navy’s needs? I could be wrong.