• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
Good question! I'd only be happy with intel if I knew there was no possible way for me to become an aviator.

I know its been some time since you recuited and might not know the answer to this question, but I am nearing my 32 birthday and don't think I will be commissioned by it (14JUN21) and am wondering about waivers. One person in another for is already 32 and got a waiver but hasn't responded to me yet. How do I convince my recruiter that the waiver is a real thing?
Find the instruction on it which should be found in the program authorization. on NPC website. https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/communitymanagers/Documents/PA-106_AOC_Oct-2019.pdf

exNavyOffRec

Good question! I'd only be happy with intel if I knew there was no possible way for me to become an aviator.

I know its been some time since you recuited and might not know the answer to this question, but I am nearing my 32 birthday and don't think I will be commissioned by it (14JUN21) and am wondering about waivers. One person in another for is already 32 and got a waiver but hasn't responded to me yet. How do I convince my recruiter that the waiver is a real thing?
printed documents (program authorization) is the way to go.

exNavyOffRec

Nice. Well thank you for hopping on here and sharing your wisdom with us. It's super helpful. 90% accuracy is impressive. Did you calculate in prior service experience?
I didn't, not big enough sample size to determine, or not enough of a factor to really take it into account.

NobleJ

SNA
I had a possession charge prior to AD. Almost ten years ago. Hopefully NAMI won't hit me with the whammy. considering I made it in the navy since.
Seems like you've built some character! Maybe your motivational statement is where you'll get to address your concerns and let them know the dedicated sailor you've become. ✊?

ssrhinoman96

I had a possession charge prior to AD. Almost ten years ago. Hopefully NAMI won't hit me with the whammy. considering I made it in the navy since.
What was it like applying to the Navy with a possession charge when u were going for AD? Were you denied at first?

BDavis11

Contributor
What was it like applying to the Navy with a possession charge when u were going for AD? Were you denied at first?
I joined in from Alabama so I imagine it was a bit tougher than other places. I barely made it in. I had to go back to meps about 3 times for it. Mind you when I tried to join the navy it was already about 3 years after the charge. So they pretty much drilled me about the navy being zero drug tolerance and how i would be kicked out immediately. So i was saved by the fact that "i dont smoke it was just in my possession. Got to watch who your friends are"

angeblas

I would study and retake, getting accepted with minimums is a long shot.

Does the board read every applicant's motivational statement? I have a really good one (a little less than 400 words) that everyone I've shown seems to think is impactful and well-written. I was hoping my statement will help my package even with my minimum astb score. If not, then I'm most likely going to take your advice and schedule a retake.

exNavyOffRec

Does the board read every applicant's motivational statement? I have a really good one (a little less than 400 words) that everyone I've shown seems to think is impactful and well-written. I was hoping my statement will help my package even with my minimum astb score. If not, then I'm most likely going to take your advice and schedule a retake.
no

angeblas

Here is a link to our spreadsheet. I added a column for waivers (yes/no) because I think that has some significance as well. Let me know if the spreadsheet isn't working!