• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Has anyone here told their friends/family that they got accepted with their unofficial official results...? I don’t anticipate anything going wrong with my background but since it’s still unofficial, I’ve been hesitant to tell people ??

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Has anyone here told their friends/family that they got accepted with their unofficial official results...? I don’t anticipate anything going wrong with my background but since it’s still unofficial, I’ve been hesitant to tell people ??

Well as long as you did not lie and have not been selling state secrets to a foreign agents....You should be fine lmao

angelbutnotblue

ProRec-Y SNFO
Does anyone have an idea of when we might ship to OCS? I know it would be speculation, but there is a lot at home to prep for that day which I'm sure is the same for most of us.

My recruiter sent me the list of the OCS class dates just to get a general idea of when I could be leaving. I was selected for FY21 but I don't know which class I'll be in. If I remember correctly it looks like the latest report date for FY21 is 20-JUN. That would be the last class to commission in FY21 since there is a 2 week quarantine added to the beginning of OCS so we'll be gone at least 15 weeks now.

I will look for the screenshot I took and post it here if it helps anyone else.

Side note: my recruiter told me to prepare and act like I am leaving in a month. Idk if that helps or stresses everyone out more lol.

Last edited:

angelbutnotblue

ProRec-Y SNFO
My recruiter sent me the list of the OCS class dates just to get a general idea of when I could be leaving. I was selected for FY21 but I don't know which class I'll be in. If I remember correctly it looks like the latest report date for FY21 is 20-JUN. That would be the last class to commission in FY21 since there is a 2 week quarantine added to the beginning of OCS so we'll be gone at least 15 weeks now.

I will look for the screenshot I took and post it here if it helps anyone else.

Attachments

• D05F3845-3F69-41DF-B690-563E2D9F46DF.png
    D05F3845-3F69-41DF-B690-563E2D9F46DF.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
  • 71411B9E-95FB-4AC9-82D8-DFFDE2B505CE.jpeg
    71411B9E-95FB-4AC9-82D8-DFFDE2B505CE.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 101

angelbutnotblue

ProRec-Y SNFO

Sorry, technical difficulties lol.
Anyways, the zoomed in one has a red box around the remaining FY21 dates only.
I had to send it to my parents like this so they wouldn't get overwhelmed with a bunch of information they don't need lol.

Tracker95

I think it comes with the territory, unfortunately. Recruiting isn't their original rate and yet we expect them to know absolutely everything about recruiting. I was my first OR's submission to an aviation board so we've done a lot of learning congruently. One thing that is consistent for a good OR is to ask questions to verify before they get back to the applicant. I've appreciated that a ton about my OR that he takes the time to verify something before anything comes out of his mouth. I think that trait is few and far between. It appears OR's can get caught up in rumor mills just like everyone else if they don't verify the information before they speak.

I agree, one of the great things about this forum is the ability to squash rumors, provide correct information and context and to help each other through the process.
from what I’ve been told, there are professional recrui
I had to send it to my parents like this so they wouldn't get overwhelmed with a bunch of information they don't need lol.

Tracker95

I think it comes with the territory, unfortunately. Recruiting isn't their original rate and yet we expect them to know absolutely everything about recruiting. I was my first OR's submission to an aviation board so we've done a lot of learning congruently. One thing that is consistent for a good OR is to ask questions to verify before they get back to the applicant. I've appreciated that a ton about my OR that he takes the time to verify something before anything comes out of his mouth. I think that trait is few and far between. It appears OR's can get caught up in rumor mills just like everyone else if they don't verify the information before they speak.

I agree, one of the great things about this forum is the ability to squash rumors, provide correct information and context and to help each other through the process.
from what I’ve been told, there are professional recrui

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I was fortunate to use my GI bill for private in 2015. I think they stopped allowing private funding. Is this true?
Do you mean PPL? If it's attached to a public college that allows VA funding you can get your PPL and beyond.
I believe the GI Bill can only cover a PPL if it is part of a full commercial pilot program. Then they reimburse you for the PPL so it is initially out of pocket.
This is false, and a common misconception. It depends on the college and when I say it depends on the college I mean it's not about just paying for the PPL. The thing that matters is how the college associates it's flight fees. If the college loops the fees into the tuition the GI Bill will pay for ALL of your certification as long as you have benefit to cover the semester. If a college adds the fees in addition to tuition and separates them, the GI Bill will most likely not cover the "fees" as the fees are tacked onto the tuition and not part of the tuition as a requirement for the program.

I know it's confusing but you can call colleges and ask if the VA covers all flight fees and the answer for several public colleges is yes, they will cover all of it. UND being the biggest example.

Last edited: