• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Metromedic

Contributor
There is a text message and email trail of us solely talking about Pilot, I never mentioned interest in NFO in any of our threads nor verbal convos. The goal and topic of discussion has always been SNA. I do remember signing off on my application but don’t remember it saying NFO anywhere. All my LORs & motivational statement also imply that I’m going for pilot.

I went down to the office today to speak to him personally and double check that I was actually put in for SNA & to ask him why he pushed my package with both designators without my permission. He showed me on his computer that I indeed was out in for SNA also and the slot is still showing up as empty on GENOFF. He mentioned that my package “slipped through the cracks, and was just a habit to put both as most applicants want both on their package”

I expressed my concerns about my chances for what I really wanted being reduced but he reassured me it would have no effect and that applicants get picked up for 2 or even 3 at a time for different designators. I’m sure that’s true, but this is such a unique board....

I asked about taking off NFO and saying it was a clerical error... he mentioned that it’s possible to retract me for NFO on that basis but at this point I’m sure the board has already met & decided on the candidates they’ve selected it just hasn’t been entirely updated on GENOFF

I guess the only thing I can do is cross my fingers and wait for Pro- Rec Y to pop up.

Does anyone have any suggestions, questions, insight?

I want to do anything possible to make this better, Who can I call or talk to?
Even if I have to wait till next board again, I will BUT if this is going to hurt my application for the next round then what’s the point.... I’d rather take NFO then nothing.....

Please chime in if you know of anything or seen someone in this similar situation.
So I really wanted an SNA spot, but I also wanted to get the hell out of Vegas. With that, my recruiter put SNFO first. Not my preference, but I’m fine with it.

As I look at it, it’s still an aviation spot. On top of that, I can take my GI and go to flight school, no big deal.

As for you, I can’t really speak on your behalf. It would boil down to your personal preferences. Can you handle being an NFO with the aspect you’re still in aviation or would it kill you?

If it would kill you, then don’t. Nothing is worse than a job that you hate, especially a 6 year long job. I disagree with the recruiter as it’s been said several times that re-application would hurt your chances. The way I understand it is like a server giving you your food and you stating “it isn’t good enough.” When you re-apply, that’s the vibe it would give off. They offered you a spot already, why weren’t you “grateful” enough to take it is likely in their mind.

I do say “hurt” your chances however that doesn’t necessarily mean eliminate. I’f you have time, you got time. But if you wanna leave and get a start, well here’s your shot.

Hope this helped to some degree?

Tracker95

There was a guy who was offered SNA in August but he never wanted SNA so he turned it down, resubmitted in October. He was selected for NFO in October.
I was accepted as an SWO, which I didn’t want, the OR made me fill out all choices 4 in total with SWO being 4. I filled out an official letter and declined the offer. As soon as the letter was entered into the system I was added to the next aviation board where I was selected as an SNFO. Still had a horrible experience with my OR , nearly a 2 year process and he was an E7, after meeting with the XO, I was given a new recruiter

Howler24

Contributor
My recruiter will not tell me if I was selected or not, I told him that the unofficial results came out today and he said “yea it was posted but he can’t say yet”. He told me when the results come out he’ll tell me ☠
My recruiter hasn't contacted me. But she exudes the same energy bröther.

To be honest, I am so glad I had all of you for support in this process! We all made it through! Good thing it wasn’t a 6 week wait like some people lmao. Remember, the journey just starts here. Let’s rock out until we pin in some butter bars!!!

I believe many of us are "some people" and might have to wait 6 weeks for our ORs to tell us lol.

With that:

Image result for im really proud of you

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Today was fun...

Fun in a, light the fuse and watch the firework show kind of fun. But not a big display, like a sputtering little plume of light and crackle when you expected to rock the neighborhood kind of fun.

Lol.

I kid, congrats to all the unofficial selectees. Hopefully that full list comes out soon.