• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Would agree usually determines if I use a new app. Has to feed to Strava, but my base is Strava that catalogs all my activities.
For me it all started when I actually got a Garmin watch so used their app for years (still do) and its great. The only thing it misses compared to Strava is the large community.

Aviate11

Contributor
For me it all started when I actually got a Garmin watch so used their app for years (still do) and its great. The only thing it misses compared to Strava is the large community.
I’m highly considering the Garmin D2 Air that just came out. Never had a Garmin. Been stuck on Apple’s proprietary products lol.

PontusPilot

Contributor
I’m highly considering the Garmin D2 Air that just came out. Never had a Garmin. Been stuck on Apple’s proprietary products lol.
Yes same actually started with a Garmin but once I got an iPhone. I can’t stand the integration that comes with non apple products always seems broke.

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Garmin is a great product. I've had the Fenix5x for 3 years now and its runs like brand new. Not flashy but if you like numbers and something super durable their products last. Read up of the D2, not sure if it is worth the extra $300 outlay over a regular Fenix series (does look cool though).
Yes same actually started with a Garmin but once I got an iPhone. I can’t stand the integration that comes with non apple products always seems broke.
I can understand all the "smoothness" hype with Apple but I absolutely hate their baby gate, 15 passwords for everything, North Korea isolation. If you go all in and keep buying their stuff great but if you stray just a step ...
I gotta manually input into Strava, but it’s easy as can be.

Had that problem initially until I troubleshooted for 1 hour and finally solved my sync issue. Manually dragged the .fit files which was easy as you say.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Garmin is a great product. I've had the Fenix5x for 3 years now and its runs like brand new. Not flashy but if you like numbers and something super durable their products last. Read up of the D2, not sure if it is worth the extra $300 outlay over a regular Fenix series (does look cool though).

I can understand all the "smoothness" hype with Apple but I absolutely hate their baby gate, 15 passwords for everything, North Korea isolation. If you go all in and keep buying their stuff great but if you stray just a step ...

Had that problem initially until I troubleshooted for 1 hour and finally solved my sync issue. Manually dragged the .fit files which was easy as you say.
If I am to get a watch that is more specialized, I would probably get a coros. Just because it’s not to expensive. The fenix maxed out is like a grand! Too rich for my blood lol, and the coros would do everything I’m looking for.