• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

lsatfiend

First, congrats con the great scores. Second....I got rolled over to the next board, originally applied for the Jan25 one....my recruiter said she didn't think I was going to be looked at in the May board, didn't tell me why, but I did think that it was a bit odd given that the board is taking place almost 4 months from now, in any case, try to get all you stuff ready and send your package as soon as possible, you still have plenty of time before the cutoff date for the May 24 board....in case it is a regular board...idk man, all this shit's kinda weird lately, I'd just say apply and be patient....keep your options open, some people apparently have been in this site for over a year for several reasons, although with your scores I would not be surprised is big navy pushes you through, good luck!

Thanks! I suspect your packet won't be too shabby either with that GPA/Major combo. Maybe it's time to get into meditation and cultivate some patience, we might be in it for the long haul...

GodSpeed1997

Was not able to make the Jan board because I had MEPS pretty late. Other than that my package is pretty much complete with a waiver pending.

My OR requested me to go to a civilian eye doctor to get a full eye exam because my vision technically does not "correct" to 20/20 since I do not wear glasses. My near sighted uncorrected vision is 20/20 for both eyes and my far sighted uncorrected vision is 20/25 and 20/30. It doesn't correct to 20/20 cause I do not currently wear glasses or contacts. Do they just want me to get glasses or contacts at this point? Thought that the worst you can have for your vision is 20/40 uncorrected.

Below is an attachment of what NRC sent to my OR

Attachments

• tempImagesJOZGF.png
    tempImagesJOZGF.png
    1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Snack Attack

Snack Attack
Contributor
First, congrats con the great scores. Second....I got rolled over to the next board, originally applied for the Jan25 one....my recruiter said she didn't think I was going to be looked at in the May board, didn't tell me why, but I did think that it was a bit odd given that the board is taking place almost 4 months from now, in any case, try to get all you stuff ready and send your package as soon as possible, you still have plenty of time before the cutoff date for the May 24 board....in case it is a regular board...idk man, all this shit's kinda weird lately, I'd just say apply and be patient....keep your options open, some people apparently have been in this site for over a year for several reasons, although with your scores I would not be surprised is big navy pushes you through, good luck!

Keep us updated on your case too when she gets back to you.... My case is still unresolved and so many others, hopefully we'll all learn more when Official results come out.

exNavyOffRec

Spoke to my recruiter just now and he said he doesn’t know/hasn’t heard anything about that as he’s not privy to that information.
Is your recruiter an officer? Mine’s a Chief so I’m wondering if it’s just information he can’t access..
A CPO that is a full time OR has the same access as any officer and often a full time OR that is a CPO gets better info as all the PM's at NRC are fellow CPO's.

There have been a few times where they have restricted a board to AD or reservist, in each case a formal notice was put out and it was noted on the board schedule as they did an immediate update to it.

These are just more rumors.

slick99

Was not able to make the Jan board because I had MEPS pretty late. Other than that my package is pretty much complete with a waiver pending.

My OR requested me to go to a civilian eye doctor to get a full eye exam because my vision technically does not "correct" to 20/20 since I do not wear glasses. My near sighted uncorrected vision is 20/20 for both eyes and my far sighted uncorrected vision is 20/25 and 20/30. It doesn't correct to 20/20 cause I do not currently wear glasses or contacts. Do they just want me to get glasses or contacts at this point? Thought that the worst you can have for your vision is 20/40 uncorrected.

Below is an attachment of what NRC sent to my OR
I'm no MEPS expert or anything, but to me, from the wording, it sounds like they just neglected to do a manifest refraction at MEPS. I don't think that it would mean that you have to go get glasses.

lsatfiend

Hey guys, my recruiter said he just talked to "command" (something to that effect) and confirmed that I won't be able to apply until the August board, because the may board is only looking at waiver applicants/rollovers or something. Still plenty of conflicting info on this sub so I would take it with a grain of salt, but it looks like it's at least going to determine my timeline.

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, my recruiter said he just talked to "command" (something to that effect) and confirmed that I won't be able to apply until the August board, because the may board is only looking at waiver applicants/rollovers or something. Still plenty of conflicting info on this sub so I would take it with a grain of salt, but it looks like it's at least going to determine my timeline.

There was also the rumor that there would be no SNA spots available at the last board so NRD's held people's applications, that worked out well for those applicants and NRD's.

villo0692

I mean yeah....but the selection for SNA did seem significantly lower than say, the November board....there's a much higher number of SNFOs accepted so far who had SNA as their first choice....even though I would be happy with SNFO anyways, I would like to be in a board where the selection quotas are "the norm" if you will...rather than fall prey of the circumstances and be evaluated in the board that JUST happen to select very few pilots....does that make sense?

edit: Most of these SNFOs had a higher PFAR than FOFAR too

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor

Called another recruiter and she said she hasn’t heard anything about that all. What a rollercoaster!

exNavyOffRec

I mean yeah....but the selection for SNA did seem significantly lower than say, the November board....there's a much higher number of SNFOs accepted so far who had SNA as their first choice....even though I would be happy with SNFO anyways, I would like to be in a board where the selection quotas are "the norm" if you will...rather than fall prey of the circumstances and be evaluated in the board that JUST happen to select very few pilots....does that make sense?

edit: Most of these SNFOs had a higher PFAR than FOFAR too

It appears from some of the PM's and other info is that aviation as a board what is done by NRC, if a person put (or if their recruiter put as several are finding out) SNFO as 1st choice and SNA for 2nd and then you were picked for SNFO then you were not looked at for SNA, and were only looked at for SNA if you were not picked for SNFO, and if you put SNA 1st and SNFO 2nd and were picked for SNA then again not looked at for SNFO, but if not picked for SNA then you were looked at for SNFO.

In most cases SNFO for a FY from OCS tend to hover around 90 to 100, not sure what happened this year but it could have been due to hard goals needing more, or could be due to less SNFO from USNA or NROTC, or a combination, it also could be that more than normal dropped from OCS early in the FY.

I don't think you will see the "norm" for at least a year, COVID messed that up, you have people at the Nov boards getting FY 22 spots, that is not normal business.

If a person wants SNA then ONLY apply for SNFO, I would also make sure you designator choice is on the application BEFORE you sign it! I would also ask your recruiter for a copy of your application if you have any doubts about their abilities.

colejfp

Hey everyone! 24 year old applicant here. Had everything good to go for the January board until a last second MEPS hang up so here I am in all the current uncertainty. I’m reaching out to connect with anybody in the Carolinas (I’m all over the place from Asheville to Charleston due to work) to maybe PT or just have some contacts with this common goal.

exNavyOffRec

I messaged a friend/acquaintance of mine that is in recruiting and he responded "not comfortable answering this in text, will call you later".

I have theories on what this could mean but I will wait for his call.