• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Busey96

Hey everyone! 24 year old applicant here. Had everything good to go for the January board until a last second MEPS hang up so here I am in all the current uncertainty. I’m reaching out to connect with anybody in the Carolinas (I’m all over the place from Asheville to Charleston due to work) to maybe PT or just have some contacts with this common goal.
Also 24 here, I'm in Virginia Beach so not awfully close but still same general area.

TyD1e

Hey all, first post on AW. My scores are 58 6/5/7, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a 2.64 GPA (not great I know!). My only choice is NFO and as far as I am aware I am applying for this May board. I see there is some news everyone is waiting on so I'll stay tuned!

Quick question for those with experience, are these competitive scores or am I grasping for straws here? Thank you guys :)

luckynumbr27

Hey all, first post on AW. My scores are 58 6/5/7, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a 2.64 GPA (not great I know!). My only choice is NFO and as far as I am aware I am applying for this May board. I see there is some news everyone is waiting on so I'll stay tuned!

Quick question for those with experience, are these competitive scores or am I grasping for straws here? Thank you guys :)
With the state of flux going on and no one knowing what’s even happening, I feel like there’s no way to tell man. If you hunt around on the Jan and Oct boards and find their spreadsheets of everyone’s scores, you’ll see the mixed bag that is the Pro-Rec Y/N’s right now. Some dudes with above average scores getting no’s, some dudes with worse scores and GPAs than yours getting Pro-Rec Y’s for SNA. Maybe they had killer LOR’s or a fire personal statement, maybe the monkey the board uses to randomly select packages snatched theirs up ?‍♂️ One things for sure, only the board can tell you no and it pays to shoot your shot.

TyD1e

With the state of flux going on and no one knowing what’s even happening, I feel like there’s no way to tell man. If you hunt around on the Jan and Oct boards and find their spreadsheets of everyone’s scores, you’ll see the mixed bag that is the Pro-Rec Y/N’s right now. Some dudes with above average scores getting no’s, some dudes with worse scores and GPAs than yours getting Pro-Rec Y’s for SNA. Maybe they had killer LOR’s or a fire personal statement, maybe the monkey the board uses to randomly select packages snatched theirs up ?‍♂️ One things for sure, only the board can tell you no and it pays to shoot your shot.
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind! The only thing I know for sure is the uncertainty is a killer!

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec any hopeful news about this board?
It is an answer that really isn't an answer because they just don't know and many rumors, I try and make this short(er)

nothing official has come out lots of speculation this is what has been tossed around, much of it stems from COVID backing up OCS due to smaller OCS classes.

board as normal
no board
board for only AD

In any case the "thought" is that it will be a low percent board given how many SNA's are already being place in FY 22 much earlier than in past years.

What was said is that several NTAG's are doing business as usual since if the application is together if the board is a go it is a go, if it isn't then the application is already done for the next board, but other NTAG's are putting everything on hold so their "OR's" can focus on other recruiting.

It appears some NTAG's held applications based on the other rumor of no SNA's, and have told people the application was "pushed" when in reality it was held until it wouldn't get processed by NRC in time, this next piece has happened before, but NRC processor were not in a hurry to process SNA and SNFO application, what this means is that an application may have made it in by the deadline but if the processors were busy with other higher priority designators the application was "not seen due to volume of applications" or something like that.

basically nothing has been decided, a smart OR will get an application finished, and you may be waiting for a bit longer than normal.

luckynumbr27

It is an answer that really isn't an answer because they just don't know and many rumors, I try and make this short(er)

nothing official has come out lots of speculation this is what has been tossed around, much of it stems from COVID backing up OCS due to smaller OCS classes.

board as normal
no board
board for only AD

In any case the "thought" is that it will be a low percent board given how many SNA's are already being place in FY 22 much earlier than in past years.

What was said is that several NTAG's are doing business as usual since if the application is together if the board is a go it is a go, if it isn't then the application is already done for the next board, but other NTAG's are putting everything on hold so their "OR's" can focus on other recruiting.

It appears some NTAG's held applications based on the other rumor of no SNA's, and have told people the application was "pushed" when in reality it was held until it wouldn't get processed by NRC in time, this next piece has happened before, but NRC processor were not in a hurry to process SNA and SNFO application, what this means is that an application may have made it in by the deadline but if the processors were busy with other higher priority designators the application was "not seen due to volume of applications" or something like that.

basically nothing has been decided, a smart OR will get an application finished, and you may be waiting for a bit longer than normal.
Thank you for that intel sir ?

Mike D.

Contributor
A lot of speculation on here. My recruiter, too, does not seem to know. Or I should say my processor as he is the only one communicating. Recruiter is silent.

From what I can see at public.navy.mil FY21 isn’t even posted and the last pilot board reporting is Jan25. Willing to take NFO at this point with all I’ve read on here and have been attempting to apply since March of last year-so many missed boards since then.

see attachment below-revision 2...covid

Attachments

• FY20 Board Schedule REV 2 COVID-19.pdf
    170.2 KB · Views: 37

exNavyOffRec

A lot of speculation on here. My recruiter, too, does not seem to know. Or I should say my processor as he is the only one communicating. Recruiter is silent.

From what I can see at public.navy.mil FY21 isn’t even posted and the last pilot board reporting is Jan25. Willing to take NFO at this point with all I’ve read on here and have been attempting to apply since March of last year-so many missed boards since then.

see attachment below-revision 2...covid
It is probable that a new schedule is out at NRC but it takes time to filter on the NPC website, this is about the time a new schedule would be released and it could also be they are waiting to decide what to do before releasing the new schedule.

luckynumbr27

Seems like based on exOfficer’s intel and the word of everyone else’s OR, the Navy doesn’t have a fully functioning plan in light of Covid and the sheer number of applications right now. I guess in short, if you OR is willing to submit for May, DO IT. If not, see you boys in August

exNavyOffRec

Seems like based on exOfficer’s intel and the word of everyone else’s OR, the Navy doesn’t have a fully functioning plan in light of Covid and the sheer number of applications right now. I guess in short, if you OR is willing to submit for May, DO IT. If not, see you boys in August

There is also nothing wrong with putting the application together, if they decide to cancel the board they could say "do not submit application until XX XX XXX", in that case the application can still be put together and just held and then submitted on that date.

TyD1e

I asked my OR about the May board and the speculation behind it and he said he was unaware of any changes or cancellations. I find it curious how there is so much variation in what the OR's know, or don't know