• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

luckynumbr27

I asked my OR about the May board and the speculation behind it and he said he was unaware of any changes or cancellations. I find it curious how there is so much variation in what the OR's know, or don't know
I seems like, based off everything we have on this thread and others, each district has a lot of discretion to handle their packages how they see fit and push jobs that they see fit to push. When an OR says things that we’ve seen on here like “no SNA till 2022” or “the next board will only be looking AD and rollbacks”, they aren’t trying to screw you and they didn’t make that up themselves. They’re simply following the guidance and priorities of their NRD etc. Big Navy doesn’t have anything out in black and white to back up the many different rumors we have heard on here so I believe much of the confusion is we are all hearing competing narratives from totally independent sources (our OR’s from different districts) that have a high degree of autonomy to prioritize what they see fit.

exNavyOffRec

I asked my OR about the May board and the speculation behind it and he said he was unaware of any changes or cancellations. I find it curious how there is so much variation in what the OR's know, or don't know

some NRD's will pass all info to their OR's, some will pass none, some will pass only verified info.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Also, there was a post earlier about how long MEPS takes. It took me a solid 6 months. The longest part of the process by far.

I was out of Portland which was slow due to COVID then slow due to BLM protests then shut down due to wildfires lol. I also had a complication in my med record but tbh with all the craziness, its amazing I even made it there.....

I cleared no waiver btw.

slick99

Also, there was a post earlier about how long MEPS takes. It took me a solid 6 months. The longest part of the process by far.

I was out of Portland which was slow due to COVID then slow due to BLM protests then shut down due to wildfires lol. I also had a complication in my med record but tbh with all the craziness, its amazing I even made it there.....

I cleared no waiver btw.
Definitely second this. Ended up having to go to MEPS three separate times due to errors on their part and it turned into a painfully long process. I also had no waivers and no real medical history.

caase

Hey y’all, first post.

Degree: BS Kinesology
Gpa: 3.97
ASTB: 66, 9/8/9 (first attempt)
No prior service, no flight hours
LOR- 2 Coaches (former team USA athlete), boss
Have waivers for a past hip surgery and scoliosis

Was held up at Meps for over 6 months, hopefully finally getting to the board. Applying for SNFO

TyD1e

Hey y’all, first post.

Degree: BS Kinesology
Gpa: 3.97
ASTB: 66, 9/8/9 (first attempt)
No prior service, no flight hours
LOR- 2 Coaches (former team USA athlete), boss
Have waivers for a past hip surgery and scoliosis

Was held up at Meps for over 6 months, hopefully finally getting to the board. Applying for SNFO
Welcome aboard to the waiting game, nice scores by the way!

Ruvo

Whats going on on everyone! Been hanging out here for a while, finally decided to make an account for this coming board.

Degree: BS Applied Math
Gpa: 3.05
ASTB: 62, 8/8/8 (first attempt)
No prior service, 41 flight hours
LOR- F16 pilot/O-5, ANG O-4, Flight Instructor

No waivers, I'm working on my motivational statement right now and will be submitting once that's done. Applying for SNA.