• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

lasmith0917

Sup y’all just checking in. Roller from last board

51 6/6/5
29 yr old male
GPA: 3.38
Prior service: currently AD @ 10 yrs (AT)
Flight hours: 88 as a backseat troubleshooter
Waivers: No
LOR: O7, O5, O4

SNA only

lsatfiend

Hey y'all, how long did it take from when you took your ASTB to getting your packet submitted? I'd love to make the April 9th deadline, but I have no idea how realistic that is. I get my MEPS date on Monday, so who knows when that will be, and I've just reached out to get letters of rec.

Also, reading this board makes it seem like everyone gets hung up on something at MEPS that requires more paperwork and weeks/months delay. Was anybody able to get in and out without any hassle?

NevarYalnal

Also, reading this board makes it seem like everyone gets hung up on something at MEPS that requires more paperwork and weeks/months delay. Was anybody able to get in and out without any hassle?
depends on your medical history and whether or not you have any potentially disqualifying conditions. assuming you filled out your medical history form honestly at the recruiter's office there shouldn't be any surprises when you go to MEPS, unless you aren't aware that you are colorblind and/or have terrible depth perception.

lsatfiend

depends on your medical history and whether or not you have any potentially disqualifying conditions. assuming you filled out your medical history form honestly at the recruiter's office there shouldn't be any surprises when you go to MEPS, unless you aren't aware that you are colorblind and/or have terrible depth perception.

Thanks for the info. I wore glasses as a kid (just for corrective vision, but I see 20/20 now) but didn't see a place to mention that on the form. I don't have them and haven't worn them in 13 years. Obviously you don't work at MEPS but I wonder if the community think this would mean more paperwork. Is it even worth mentioning?

NevarYalnal

Thanks for the info. I wore glasses as a kid (just for corrective vision, but I see 20/20 now) but didn't see a place to mention that on the form. I don't have them and haven't worn them in 13 years. Obviously you don't work at MEPS but I wonder if the community think this would mean more paperwork. Is it even worth mentioning?
if you listed no on the med form and you see perfectly now, i can't see how it would come up. assume you didn't undergo surgery to get your vision to 20/20?

NevarYalnal

Nope, no surgery. Thanks. How long did it take you to submit your app?
MEPS was the last step for me. I had everything else completed by that point, and my app was submitted 2 weeks after my MEPS visit (nothing new came up there, or I might have missed a deadline). However initial contact with an OR to packet submission took me about 5 full months.

luckynumbr27

MEPS was the last step for me. I had everything else completed by that point, and my app was submitted 2 weeks after my MEPS visit (nothing new came up there, or I might have missed a deadline). However initial contact with an OR to packet submission took me about 5 full months.
My process has been the kind of the reverse but took about the same length of time. I first met with an OR back in Oct and had every bullet point on the package done within two weeks since he was trying to push me into the Jan board but MEPS held up my eye surgery paperwork so I missed it. I’m just now going to MEPS next week and should be ready to submit after that. Gonna wrangle up a few mor LORs and rework my statement first though. I think how proactive both the candidate and the OR are plays a big role in the process, my OR almost had me from the street to being in front of the selection board in a calendar month if MEPS had played ball.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Hey y'all, how long did it take from when you took your ASTB to getting your packet submitted? I'd love to make the April 9th deadline, but I have no idea how realistic that is. I get my MEPS date on Monday, so who knows when that will be, and I've just reached out to get letters of rec.

I took my ASTB around June and submitted for the 2NOV2020 (aka October2020) board. I think I first had contact with my recruiter around April so I had plenty of time to ask question and study for the test.

And yes meps is where most turbulence occurs. Thankfully with me being a prior Airforce and knowing my simple medical history, I didn’t have any issues with meps. I told my recruiter I would be one of the most boring applicants he has had since I knew I wouldn’t need any waivers.

makong the April deadline is completely possible so long as you keep on top of everything. Recruiters can be busy so don’t be afraid to double check everything you need with him/her.

Snack Attack

Snack Attack
Contributor
Hey y'all, checking in here.
Prior Service: none
Degree: BA Int. Relations, MA Education
GPA: 3.54, 4.00 (respectively)
ASTB: 65 9/8/8 (1st attempt)
LOR from my principal (teach elementary), Head of school, and looking for someone else.
5ish flight hours, will hopefully have my PPL before the next board.

Talked to my recruiter and he said that the May board is for fleet and age waiver applicants only. Said that the next board I could apply for is August 2021...

Guess we're in it for the long haul.

Where did your recruiter get this information?

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
LOR from my principal (teach elementary), Head of school, and looking for someone else.

Talked to my recruiter and he said that the May board is for fleet and age waiver applicants only. Said that the next board I could apply for is August 2021...

Spoke to my recruiter just now and he said he doesn’t know/hasn’t heard anything about that as he’s not privy to that information.
Is your recruiter an officer? Mine’s a Chief so I’m wondering if it’s just information he can’t access..

lsatfiend

Spoke to my recruiter just now and he said he doesn’t know/hasn’t heard anything about that as he’s not privy to that information.
Is your recruiter an officer? Mine’s a Chief so I’m wondering if it’s just information he can’t access..

Hey,
Still waiting to hear back from my recruiter to confirm or deny the next board info. My recruiter is an officer.

villo0692

First, congrats con the great scores. Second....I got rolled over to the next board, originally applied for the Jan25 one....my recruiter said she didn't think I was going to be looked at in the May board, didn't tell me why, but I did think that it was a bit odd given that the board is taking place almost 4 months from now, in any case, try to get all you stuff ready and send your package as soon as possible, you still have plenty of time before the cutoff date for the May 24 board....in case it is a regular board...idk man, all this shit's kinda weird lately, I'd just say apply and be patient....keep your options open, some people apparently have been in this site for over a year for several reasons, although with your scores I would not be surprised is big navy pushes you through, good luck!