• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

NevarYalnal

Even the movie is pushed back huh? ? I was really hoping it came out July
All about the ticket $$$; right now doesn’t seem like the country will be completely open by July. I’m sure the movie has been done for a while. Paramount saw what happened to Tenet and was like nope.

luckynumbr27

i gotta be honest, a big part of what I'm looking for in going back to the military is things like....hey dude, get your ass up let's go on a 5 miler before class or.....let's fucking watch Top Gun Maverick while deployed on a carrier....or looking forward to giving each other's our call signs.....is not so much about the money or the flying part, but the brotherhood you join.....when I was enlisted we always had a tight group together in the avionics shop...but it was always interesting seeing the other groups, like the chiefs at drinking outside of the goat locker in Bahrain after a long shift, or all the officers (all pilots and fos since I was in a squadron) getting together as well

like minded people are often hard to find as a civilian
This right here is big. I too was an avionics guy in my prior enlistment. I didn’t enlist to be on a flat-top working avionics but ended up in it after I washed out of another pipeline. Had bar none some of the worst days of my life in the Navy and also some of the best. Been missing that camaraderie and purpose of mission since I separated, nothing in the civilian sector even comes close. I imagine it’s the same across all branches, but even with the low pay, there is no job like the armed forces.

villo0692

This right here is big. I too was an avionics guy in my prior enlistment. I didn’t enlist to be on a flat-top working avionics but ended up in it after I washed out of another pipeline. Had bar none some of the worst days of my life in the Navy and also some of the best. Been missing that camaraderie and purpose of mission since I separated, nothing in the civilian sector even comes close. I imagine it’s the same across all branches, but even with the low pay, there is no job like the armed forces.
avionics in the Navy? what was your rate? and what platform where you in? and yeah....I had some AWFUL days when I was in....that is for damn sure...but there were days, like every time I flew on a P3 or P8, or went on detachment, or fixed some major issue on a plane, or went to Romania, Iceland, Japan for a swim.....when I thought "Damn, joining the military was the best decision I made" ......so needless to say it was a bit of a roller coaster.....and it beats the monotonous, plain and boring nature of what I do as a civilian....I'd rather feel intense misery and suffering paired with intense happiness and appreciation........than feeling nothing at all

j.marlow24

Ruvo

avionics in the Navy? what was your rate? and what platform where you in? and yeah....I had some AWFUL days when I was in....that is for damn sure...but there were days, like every time I flew on a P3 or P8, or went on detachment, or fixed some major issue on a plane, or went to Romania, Iceland, Japan for a swim.....when I thought "Damn, joining the military was the best decision I made" ......so needless to say it was a bit of a roller coaster.....and it beats the monotonous, plain and boring nature of what I do as a civilian....I'd rather feel intense misery and suffering paired with intense happiness and appreciation........than feeling nothing at all
I've got a desk job doing software.... I know I have a lot to be grateful for, especially in the covid economy, but damn I feel like Jimmy Buffet. Wasting away in margaritaville. Except without the margaritas.