• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
I know that the big challenge for me is to not get injured when/after getting picked up and before OCS....my skydiving...shark swimming... snorkeling, snow hiking.... fast driving, peeing with lights out dumbass....
Peeing with the lights out is an extreme sport. Plus, is scientifically proven to have 90% accuracy. An immediate DQ on the RLP.

Chrdavis

Hey guys just curious what you think my shot is on selection for pilot. I separate soon and just trying to see how I compare

Active duty INTEL enlisted 9 years
Degree: BS Construction Management Indiana State University 3.7 GPA / AA Direct transfer
EVALS: MP,EP,EP,EP
Awards: MVOSM, NAM, 2 flag letters, SOQ twice
OAR/ASTB: 49 7/7/7
Interviews: 1x VADM Dewolfe (air boss) and 3x other O6 Officers
LOR: O6 intel O, Dean of university (top ten percent grad class)

Mike D.

Contributor
Hey guys just curious what you think my shot is on selection for pilot. I separate soon and just trying to see how I compare

Degree: BS Construction Management Indiana State University 3.7 GPA / AA Direct transfer
I’d recommend going back maybe 2-4 pages...somebody linked the results excel sheet from the January board and you can see average scores of who got selected at the top.

j.marlow24

[/QUOTE

Your scores are competitive I’d say, my last two boards seemed to have 7s as the magic number for selection and above a 45 OAR.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor

The golden answer 42%

terraformer

Contributor
I am burning through Audiobooks at work right now. As fellow aspiring military aviators, I am curious what books you guys would recommend? Particularly in the themes of military, aviation, military aviation, and leadership. I get a lot out of biographies but I am not exclusive to them.

Here are some of my favorites:
Chickenhawk
By: Robert Mason
Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations
By: William H. McRaven
Aim Point: An Air Force Pilot's Lessons for Navigating Life
By: Bruce Hurd
Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years of Lockheed
By: Ben R. Rich , Leo Janos
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything
By: Chris Hadfield
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
By: Jocko Willink , Leif Babin
The Big Stick: The Limits of Soft Power and the Necessity of Military Force
By: Eliot A. Cohen
The Things They Carried
By: Tim O'Brien
Kill Chain
By: Andrew Cockburn

What about podcasts? I really only listen to Vincent Aiello's 'The Fighter Pilot Podcast" and Jock Willink's podcast. Any other recommendations?

slick99

I am burning through Audiobooks at work right now. As fellow aspiring military aviators, I am curious what books you guys would recommend? Particularly in the themes of military, aviation, military aviation, and leadership. I get a lot out of biographies but I am not exclusive to them.

Here are some of my favorites:
Chickenhawk
By: Robert Mason
Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations
By: William H. McRaven
Aim Point: An Air Force Pilot's Lessons for Navigating Life
By: Bruce Hurd
Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years of Lockheed
By: Ben R. Rich , Leo Janos
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything
By: Chris Hadfield
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
By: Jocko Willink , Leif Babin
The Big Stick: The Limits of Soft Power and the Necessity of Military Force
By: Eliot A. Cohen
The Things They Carried
By: Tim O'Brien
Kill Chain
By: Andrew Cockburn

What about podcasts? I really only listen to Vincent Aiello's 'The Fighter Pilot Podcast" and Jock Willink's podcast. Any other recommendations?
Awesome list man! definitely bookmarking this post.

I'm in a class on the history of air power at my college, and reading American Military Aviation by Charles J. Gross. It's purely historical but still relatively interesting, as it outlines the development of military aviation throughout the last 100+ years.