• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

luckynumbr27

avionics in the Navy? what was your rate? and what platform where you in? and yeah....I had some AWFUL days when I was in....that is for damn sure...but there were days, like every time I flew on a P3 or P8, or went on detachment, or fixed some major issue on a plane, or went to Romania, Iceland, Japan for a swim.....when I thought "Damn, joining the military was the best decision I made" ......so needless to say it was a bit of a roller coaster.....and it beats the monotonous, plain and boring nature of what I do as a civilian....I'd rather feel intense misery and suffering paired with intense happiness and appreciation........than feeling nothing at all
I was an AT for three years on board prison block 69 (giggity goo). Struck AT as an undes airman after a year in V1 as a blue shirt. Best worst times I’ve had haha

jono

I thought it was bad luck to go around telling people what you want to fly

Was just seeing if this like-minded group of people had similar ambitions for the platform/type of aircraft too. I feel like most people are going for jets but am curious if anybody has different aspirations...

Ruvo

Was just seeing if this like-minded group of people had similar ambitions for the platform/type of aircraft too. I feel like most people are going for jets but am curious if anybody has different aspirations...
You definitely shouldn't take anything I say too seriously lol. Superstition aside, I'm putting 100% into tracking strike. I feel the need....

villo0692

I was an AT for three years on board prison block 69 (giggity goo). Struck AT as an undes airman after a year in V1 as a blue shirt. Best worst times I’ve had haha
Oh ATs our dearest frenemies hahaha, yeah I actually came in undes as well....even with a 94 ASVAB....funny story, I got to VP8 and when I go to the AO shop I see my recruiter sitting there...his face was priceless...made second class before my third year tho, so I guess I was aight....that’s me on the left, I guess we were about to recover a plane in Bahrain....idk why some people like talking shit about being in line shack, I had a lot of fun there, got to know lots of pilots, such as the O6 who gave me an LOR.....good times

villo0692

I've got a desk job doing software.... I know I have a lot to be grateful for, especially in the covid economy, but damn I feel like Jimmy Buffet. Wasting away in margaritaville. Except without the margaritas.
yeah same here....I am grateful to have a technically really good job in the midst of the pandemic...like...I got my own place, nice car, peanutbutter and bean bags, as well as money for streaming movies such as Mortal Kombat which looks SOOO ridiculous, I already love it.... but at the same time.....20 years from now...what am I going to be doing? be here...maybe have my own office.....and making more money...yeah I guess is good for some people, but I know I have a lot more to give other than my math and logic skills....I just don't believe I am or will ever be living at my full potential here....and I am sure we all can agree on the fact that we got some sort of "calling"......the need to just go out there and fucking kill it, be a spartan, write a life story for yourself that you'd be proud to tell.......

sorry, just listented to Jonny Kim and Jocko....if you don't like reading these posts blame @terraformer

Ruvo

yeah same here....I am grateful to have a technically really good job in the midst of the pandemic...like...I got my own place, nice car, peanutbutter and bean bags, as well as money for streaming movies such as Mortal Kombat which looks SOOO ridiculous, I already love it.... but at the same time.....20 years from now...what am I going to be doing? be here...maybe have my own office.....and making more money...yeah I guess is good for some people, but I know I have a lot more to give other than my math and logic skills....I just don't believe I am or will ever be living at my full potential here....and I am sure we all can agree on the fact that we got some sort of "calling"......the need to just go out there and fucking kill it, be a spartan, write a life story for yourself that you'd be proud to tell.......

sorry, just listented to Jonny Kim and Jocko....if you don't like reading these posts blame @terraformer
Could not have said it better myself

WannaFlyHigh

Just out of curiosity, assuming everyone's dreams come true and we get to fly... what aircraft are you guys hoping to select?
Part of the reason I decided to go Navy is because I think their selection of aircraft is great and regardless of pipeline, I will enjoy flying what ever they have. A lot of people like to talk crap about the C-2 but you still get launched off a carrier and also they're transitioning to the Ospreys very soon which is a super awesome aircraft.