• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

He just got back to me. He said that he is still able to submit my package for August board for SNA/pilot even though I’m in the May board for NFO. Just need a new motivational statement!

Your first application has to have a disposition first, if it is NFO pro Y then you need to decline it in order to submit one for SNA, if you are a pro N for NFO then you just submit.

GodSpeed1997

Your first application has to have a disposition first, if it is NFO pro Y then you need to decline it in order to submit one for SNA, if you are a pro N for NFO then you just submit.
So what if I decline NFO and get pro N for SNA in August board? ? would I just be fucked? I’m guessing there’s no way around getting that offer back after declining it

WannaFlyHigh

So what if I decline NFO and get pro N for SNA in August board? ? would I just be fucked? I’m guessing there’s no way around getting that offer back after declining it
From what I read and researched on this website is declining a ProRec-Y has negative consequences on future applications. I think the future boards will see your application history and take it into consideration. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

villo0692

I knew someone who applied for SNA as first choice and NFO as second....got Pro Rec Y for NFO.....turned it down....applied for SNA and got a Pro Rec Y.......so.....I mean it can happen....but idk why would you apply for something you're not willing to take in the first place

Tracker95

From what I read and researched on this website is declining a ProRec-Y has negative consequences on future applications. I think the future boards will see your application history and take it into consideration. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.
it happened to me, I was pro Y for SWO had to write a letter declining the spot so the designator could be removed from my name, the next board I received PRO Y for NFO which is what I wanted. so I saw no negative consequences for declining at pro Y

exNavyOffRec

it happened to me, I was pro Y for SWO had to write a letter declining the spot so the designator could be removed from my name, the next board I received PRO Y for NFO which is what I wanted. so I saw no negative consequences for declining at pro Y
Aviation is more forgiving than other designators.

Coffee & JP8

II figured I’d have a better shot at becoming a pilot more than NFO though because of my ASTB scoring. For the PFAR I massaged to get an 8 and a 7 on the FOFAR.
I got a 7/8/7 as well and thought id have a better chance for SNA. Got picked up for SNFO in the last board. There were applicants with reverse scores or lower, who were selected SNA. They also applied SNA only. Dont apply for something if you wouldnt take it