• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Mike D.

Contributor
It really does seem like the Navy’s plan for aviation boards is left up to the imagination of whoever happens to pick up the phone at NRC lol. It could simply be that whoever gave my recruiter word that I couldn’t apply for SNA this board was dead wrong and it cost me 3 months till the Aug board. I honestly hope that this is the case so that most of you guys get through the door and have a shot. It just sucks to have the intelligence level of whoever the lowest common denominator manning the phone at NRC on a given day dictate the terms of my package ?
And some day it’ll all be worth it when you get that pro rec and subsequent commission.

WannaFlyHigh

It really does seem like the Navy’s plan for aviation boards is left up to the imagination of whoever happens to pick up the phone at NRC lol. It could simply be that whoever gave my recruiter word that I couldn’t apply for SNA this board was dead wrong and it cost me 3 months till the Aug board. I honestly hope that this is the case so that most of you guys get through the door and have a shot. It just sucks to have the intelligence level of whoever the lowest common denominator manning the phone at NRC on a given day dictate the terms of my package ?
I mean my recruiter could be totally out of the loop too. I was just sharing my side of the story as a word of hope that anything is possible haha. Regardless, the atboard list and results will be the ultimate tell all of wtf is going on.

GodSpeed1997

So after surgery, my hearing is finally normal and up to navy aviation standards for pilot/SNA. However, I already submitted my application for just NFO this May. Would I be able to submit my package for SNA in August, while being in the May board for NFO?

villo0692

So after surgery, my hearing is finally normal and up to navy aviation standards for pilot/SNA. However, I already submitted my application for just NFO this May. Would I be able to submit my package for SNA in August, while being in the May board for NFO?
I think I might be wrong about this, I'm basing it on someone else's experience. Since it is technically the same board, you wouldn't be able to submit for the next one until official results come out....if you were to be selected to NFO, you'd have to turn that one down, and then apply to SNA........again, someone else's experience.....please someone else chime in if I'm wrong about this

GodSpeed1997

I think I might be wrong about this, I'm basing it on someone else's experience. Since it is technically the same board, you wouldn't be able to submit for the next one until official results come out....if you were to be selected to NFO, you'd have to turn that one down, and then apply to SNA........again, someone else's experience.....please someone else chime in if I'm wrong about this
He just got back to me. He said that he is still able to submit my package for August board for SNA/pilot even though I’m in the May board for NFO. Just need a new motivational statement!

villo0692

He just got back to me. He said that he is still able to submit my package for August board for SNA/pilot even though I’m in the May board for NFO. Just need a new motivational statement!
interesting....didn't know you could do that....so, if you were to get picked up for NFO, you'd be able to wait until the SNA results before making a decision?

GodSpeed1997

interesting....didn't know you could do that....so, if you were to get picked up for NFO, you'd be able to wait until the SNA results before making a decision?
Yeah I have no idea how that would work. If I get ProRec-Y as NFO, hopefully I would get my results for SNA before my OCS start date for NFO and I can just switch over. Not really sure if that’s legal or anything though ?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Yeah I have no idea how that would work. If I get ProRec-Y as NFO, hopefully I would get my results for SNA before my OCS start date for NFO and I can just switch over. Not really sure if that’s legal or anything though ?
I don't think you're going to be able to wait that long to decide, either you take the ProRec-Y NFO or you decline it to see what happens in August for SNA. I recall being told you have a couple weeks once results are out to decide if you want it or not.

GodSpeed1997

I don't think you're going to be able to wait that long to decide, either you take the ProRec-Y NFO or you decline it to see what happens in August for SNA. I recall being told you have a couple weeks once results are out to decide if you want it or not.
I figured if I got ProRec-Y for NFO, I was going to take it.. but still not sure cause I would really like to be a pilot. It would just really suck if I deny NFO and I get ProRec-N for SNA?. I figured I’d have a better shot at becoming a pilot more than NFO though because of my ASTB scoring. For the PFAR I massaged to get an 8 and a 7 on the FOFAR.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I figured if I got ProRec-Y for NFO, I was going to take it.. but still not sure cause I would really like to be a pilot. It would just really suck if I deny NFO and I get ProRec-N for SNA?. I figured I’d have a better shot at becoming a pilot more than NFO though because of my ASTB scoring. For the PFAR I massaged to get an 8 and a 7 on the FOFAR.
That's a tough spot to be in, you would be more competitive for SNA. The other option is withdraw the NFO application now and maybe just submit for both in August, but that's more waiting... and assuming it's not already too late, I don't know the cutoff or particulars for that type of request.

hossaq

So finally, my package is submitted for next board. Now if it will be seen in May or get rolled to August, only the Navy gods know.
I was in OCS in 2019 and dropped out due to injury. Took me a better part of one year to get medically cleared and get my RE code waiver. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome this time around

my scores are 64 8/9/9
BSc in Chemical Engineering