• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

luckynumbr27

Forgive me for being a little direct...

When you started this thread, you said you were willing to wait as long as it takes. I know it is difficult not to lose hope when setbacks occur, I too have fallen prey, but you have to stick to your mentality of waiting as long as it takes to get selected. And speaking of, no, you should not be okay with not being selected if this is what you want to do per your last post.
Many of us, myself included, have missed many many boards and due dates. I’ve been trying to get an application submitted for over a year and missed multiple boards due to my recruiter essentially disappearing. Instead of blaming it on my recruiter...I started reaching out to whoever I possibly could to get movement the way I wanted it and ended up getting a call from my recruiters chief and things have been smooth sailing since then-pun intended.
If you want your recruiter to submit your package now for the august board and he won’t, simply ask if there is a rule that prohibits him from doing so. When I had a ton of issues with my recruiting process, my active duty buddy reminded me that it is their job to get qualified people in the military and to answer your questions...just ask. Additionally, what is the package due date for August board?
No apology needed brah, shoot me straight, I can handle it. That August board hard-cutoff on the website we have posted on this thread is June 25. On that site, which I believe is NRD San Diego, they have district only cutoff of June 5 though, so like I said, end of May is entirely too close for my comfort. And I’m very much wholly invested in this process, I have 4 years left till I need an age waiver so I’ve got time. I think what really put me off this time around was just how uniquely scatter brained my OR was (which I’m sure you can relate to). It’s very apparent to me he planned on submitting my package on the very last day and when wrenches got thrown in at the last minute, it all fell apart when we could have had it all sorted out back in February.

Mouselovr

Contributor
No apology needed brah, shoot me straight, I can handle it. That August board hard-cutoff on the website we have posted on this thread is June 25. On that site, which I believe is NRD San Diego, they have district only cutoff of June 5 though, so like I said, end of May is entirely too close for my comfort. And I’m very much wholly invested in this process, I have 4 years left till I need an age waiver so I’ve got time. I think what really put me off this time around was just how uniquely scatter brained my OR was (which I’m sure you can relate to). It’s very apparent to me he planned on submitting my package on the very last day and when wrenches got thrown in at the last minute, it all fell apart when we could have had it all sorted out back in February.
Considering the sheer amount of unknowns, its very normal to feel nervous through this process. An old OCS grad said its a good thing bc it means you really want it.

Most of us have missed a board deadline, rolled due to quota or had their package sent back for corrections. Look at our king of patience @PontusPilot along with many, many others including myself. I wouldn't get yourself in a twist, but be straight with your recruiter. I can't imagine why he couldn't submit your package now. Even if more crazy board nonsense happens in August, its not like your package being submitted later would be beneficial in any way for him or for you.

exNavyOffRec

I’ve got a question for anyone who might know. I mentioned earlier that my May board aspirations are in hell currently and my sights are fully set on the August board. My recruiter said my package is fully done and ready to submit so I was trying to push him to submit it for the august board right now since the early birds have seemed to be rewarded in the last couple of boards with the board starting to bump people when they feel they have enough packages. My recruiter said that he would have to wait till after the May board convened to submit for August which honestly feels like I’m bumping up against the barrier of comfort again and I would much prefer he just submit it now. Having missed two straight boards now due to various reasons, I just want this thing signed, sealed and delivered already so I can relax and enjoy my summer a bit. I’m good with not getting selected, but not even getting seen by the board again would be devastating. Is there any rule that prohibits him from submitting that package now and if not, how the hell do I get him to do it already?
He could just be saying he isn't going to do it because it is his choice, or the NRD has said they won't submit until May, or NRC could and has said before do not submit applications for XX board until XX date.

you really won't know but April or May isn't much of a difference.

Chrdavis

I’ve got a question for anyone who might know. I mentioned earlier that my May board aspirations are in hell currently and my sights are fully set on the August board. My recruiter said my package is fully done and ready to submit so I was trying to push him to submit it for the august board right now since the early birds have seemed to be rewarded in the last couple of boards with the board starting to bump people when they feel they have enough packages. My recruiter said that he would have to wait till after the May board convened to submit for August which honestly feels like I’m bumping up against the barrier of comfort again and I would much prefer he just submit it now. Having missed two straight boards now due to various reasons, I just want this thing signed, sealed and delivered already so I can relax and enjoy my summer a bit. I’m good with not getting selected, but not even getting seen by the board again would be devastating. Is there any rule that prohibits him from submitting that package now and if not, how the hell do I get him to do it already?
Yes there is a limit on the board size for aviation now. It would behoove us to get the packages in earlier than later.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Considering the sheer amount of unknowns, its very normal to feel nervous through this process. An old OCS grad said its a good thing bc it means you really want it.

Most of us have missed a board deadline, rolled due to quota or had their package sent back for corrections. Look at our king of patience @PontusPilot along with many, many others including myself. I wouldn't get yourself in a twist, but be straight with your recruiter. I can't imagine why he couldn't submit your package now. Even if more crazy board nonsense happens in August, its not like your package being submitted later would be beneficial in any way for him or for you.
Takes one to know one! Good things come too those who wait. Your turn is up next I can feel it.

Stephen0692

Hey guys! I'm one of the unlucky folks who missed the Oct/Nov board last year and never made it to consideration in January (package has been done and submitted since Oct 17th)... My recruiter isn't quite sure what's going on with this board, so I figured I'd look around here!

Good luck all, hopefully we can all get our fair look as soon as possible!

Applying for SNA
OAR: 58
ASTB: 7/8/7
GPA: 3.3
Degree: Integrative Biology
Non-Prior Service
Flight experience: 9 hours in a Cessna 172

Revitalized

dude, have you shipped yet to RI?
Nah, brother. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the SNA selects from January have received a date yet. I actually just went to look for the spreadsheet and it looks like someone from the May board overwrote the January spreadsheet. Either that or it was deleted somehow.

Edit: I lied. I found the sheet. The only SNA that shipped was a female. Everyone else is scheduled for FY22

Last edited:

Chrdavis

Do you guys believe the accuracy of these selection list to the boards. I have a hard time believing the ASTB and OAR scores listed here. After talking with Celestin and the civilian equivalent they say that its very competitive anything over 6 for the ASTB and that the OAR of a 50 is competitive. When I look at these list mostly everyone is above 7's and high 50's on OAR. My buddy is an Officer recruiter for the past 3 years and he has never seen a 9 on the ASTB and very rare an 8.

Chrdavis

Do you guys believe the accuracy of these selection list to the boards. I have a hard time believing the ASTB and OAR scores listed here. After talking with Celestin and the civilian equivalent they say that its very competitive anything over 6 for the ASTB and that the OAR of a 50 is competitive. When I look at these list mostly everyone is above 7's and high 50's on OAR. My buddy is an Officer recruiter for the past 3 years and he has never seen a 9 on the ASTB and very rare an 8.
they even lowered the required ASTB scores this year.