• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
I got a 7/8/7 as well and thought id have a better chance for SNA. Got picked up for SNFO in the last board. There were applicants with reverse scores or lower, who were selected SNA. They also applied SNA only. Dont apply for something if you wouldnt take it

Got a 9/9/8 and got SNFO. Which was my second choice.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
seriously, I'm at work rn......meaning I'm just dicking around....come on Kale, story time....help us get to 100 before the board

In sum, I showed in the PRIDE mod site I was selected for 13900 and the official results were released with 13700. So, I guess the Navy said not todayyyyy. From last I heard it still says 13900. I am essentially waiting for my FINSEL.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
In sum, I showed in the PRIDE mod site I was selected for 13900 and the official results were released with 13700. So, I guess the Navy said not todayyyyy. From last I heard it still says 13900. I am essentially waiting for my FINSEL.
Bro, what. So what did the ProRec list say? NFO?

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Bro, what. So what did the ProRec list say? NFO?
Yea, I showed on the list as a 13700. It be what it be. I applied for both cause I would be happy with both.

My thought process was because I have no flight hours. That could have influenced the decision?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Yea, I showed on the list as a 13700. It be what it be. I applied for both cause I would be happy with both.

My thought process was because I have no flight hours. That could have influenced the decision?
Wow, I would imagine that's the original selection then and the PRIDE information was a mistake? That's crazy. I guess if you're happy with either that's good. Still a selectee.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Wow, I would imagine that's the original selection then and the PRIDE information was a mistake? That's crazy. I guess if you're happy with either that's good. Still a selectee.

I do not know enough about the process to say how it shakes out. To my understanding, the selection info is plugged into PRIDE. Then, used to generate official results. I would assume the mistake was in PRIDE. Again, who knows...FINSEL will give the answer.

I am a little peeved, but what can I do lol.

Mike D.

Contributor
I do not know enough about the process to say how it shakes out. To my understanding, the selection info is plugged into PRIDE. Then, used to generate official results. I would assume the mistake was in PRIDE. Again, who knows...FINSEL will give the answer.

I am a little peeved, but what can I do lol.
On the bright side, you still get to wear pajamas for the next 20+ years ?

luckynumbr27

I’ve got a question for anyone who might know. I mentioned earlier that my May board aspirations are in hell currently and my sights are fully set on the August board. My recruiter said my package is fully done and ready to submit so I was trying to push him to submit it for the august board right now since the early birds have seemed to be rewarded in the last couple of boards with the board starting to bump people when they feel they have enough packages. My recruiter said that he would have to wait till after the May board convened to submit for August which honestly feels like I’m bumping up against the barrier of comfort again and I would much prefer he just submit it now. Having missed two straight boards now due to various reasons, I just want this thing signed, sealed and delivered already so I can relax and enjoy my summer a bit. I’m good with not getting selected, but not even getting seen by the board again would be devastating. Is there any rule that prohibits him from submitting that package now and if not, how the hell do I get him to do it already?

Mike D.

Contributor
I’ve got a question for anyone who might know. I mentioned earlier that my May board aspirations are in hell currently and my sights are fully set on the August board. My recruiter said my package is fully done and ready to submit so I was trying to push him to submit it for the august board right now since the early birds have seemed to be rewarded in the last couple of boards with the board starting to bump people when they feel they have enough packages. My recruiter said that he would have to wait till after the May board convened to submit for August which honestly feels like I’m bumping up against the barrier of comfort again and I would much prefer he just submit it now. Having missed two straight boards now due to various reasons, I just want this thing signed, sealed and delivered already so I can relax and enjoy my summer a bit. I’m good with not getting selected, but not even getting seen by the board again would be devastating. Is there any rule that prohibits him from submitting that package now and if not, how the hell do I get him to do it already?

Forgive me for being a little direct...

When you started this thread, you said you were willing to wait as long as it takes. I know it is difficult not to lose hope when setbacks occur, I too have fallen prey, but you have to stick to your mentality of waiting as long as it takes to get selected. And speaking of, no, you should not be okay with not being selected if this is what you want to do per your last post.
Many of us, myself included, have missed many many boards and due dates. I’ve been trying to get an application submitted for over a year and missed multiple boards due to my recruiter essentially disappearing. Instead of blaming it on my recruiter...I started reaching out to whoever I possibly could to get movement the way I wanted it and ended up getting a call from my recruiters chief and things have been smooth sailing since then-pun intended.
If you want your recruiter to submit your package now for the august board and he won’t, simply ask if there is a rule that prohibits him from doing so. When I had a ton of issues with my recruiting process, my active duty buddy reminded me that it is their job to get qualified people in the military and to answer your questions...just ask. Additionally, what is the package due date for August board?